Hello Guest it is April 30, 2024, 08:38:45 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 ESS Issue with getting the motors to turn  (Read 1857 times)

Offline ldp

•  2 2
    • View Profile
Mach3 ESS Issue with getting the motors to turn
« on: July 12, 2023, 12:49:01 PM »
Hi looking for some help. My machine home build has been working fine until a window upgrade was accidently done. I reestablished communication to the ESS through the windows firewall. All good there, ESS communicating well but my motors would not run. I can switch relays off and on in the box with the Mach3 SOFTWARE. i Noted the output LED on the C11G was not on so I changed out and put in a new  C11G BOB wiring the motors back exactly in the same configuration. The new C11G BOB show red LED light on the motor out put direction and Puls pins. I still cannot get the motors to turn. When I activate the X or Y axis I see the axis change in the display but there is no action on the motors. At a loss to explain next step is to get a new ESS?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,202 9,202
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 ESS Issue with getting the motors to turn
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 01:13:19 AM »
Some while back there was an issue with a Win10 update causing problems with Mach3. The final release of Mach3 was updated with a fix and the solution is described in this thread; https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=37291.0

As said this was a while back and there have been a lot more Win10 updates since then but it would not hurt to try this fix.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: Mach3 ESS Issue with getting the motors to turn
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 10:00:10 AM »
Experiencing issues with Mach3 ESS and motor movement can be frustrating. First, check the electrical connections, wiring, and power supply. Verify Mach3 and ESS settings, ensuring correct pin assignments and motor configurations. Also, confirm motor drivers' functionality and troubleshoot any possible software conflicts. Seeking online forums or contacting support may provide helpful solutions.