Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 01:19:31 PM

Author Topic: CamCopy M4 - A video cam based tracing/probing addon for Mach 4  (Read 2108 times)

Hi all,

I've been working a converting/porting a video camera based plugin I have written for another machine control, over to Mach 4 specific version.  CamCopy M4 is in a fairly functional state now, and I wanted to see if there is any interest in it, either from those that would use such a plugin if offered in the future, or those who may want to help test it out for fun. 

Please check out this demo video:  https://youtu.be/g5mtL2sSXkQ

The video demo  gives a bit of a demo of its basic functionality.  It saves recorded data to either DXF for CSV formats that are readily usable in most all CAM software.   I've primarily been testing w/ M4 ver. 2.4612 and CNCDrive UC100/400 machine controllers. 

My main goal is to reach out to see if there are any Mach4  users who would be up for helping test it out on their machines.  Volunteers would need a usb microscope camera (primary needs are that camera can achieve ~ 30fps @ 640x480), and a machine setup w/ Mach 4.  The program runs along side Mach4 and connects via the IPC interface, so it doesn't need to be installed or modify your Mach4 installation in any way.  The video linked above should give a fairly good idea of the setup.

I don't imagine that CamCopy M4 will be 100% bug free at this point, or work with any and all versions of Mach4 and motion controllers out of the gate, but that's why I'm looking for those that are willing to help try it and provide feedback.  In exchange, volunteers will get a license at no cost.  If interested in being a tester, please send me a private message. 

Thanks for looking, I am interested in any feedback or suggestions anyone may have.

regards
Eric