Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 02:54:24 AM

Author Topic: Best way to set up a gear making machine - I need help  (Read 1578 times)

Best way to set up a gear making machine - I need help
« on: May 10, 2023, 11:41:37 AM »
I need to make my machine work with something similar to MPG mode, continuously and respecting the values ​​of the G code... I don't know if with a macro, configurations or brains... I'm a bit lost at the moment and I need some help to to clarify a bit... I thought about placing a sensor in the machine so that every time the input1 signal is activated, the machine will be placed in a waiting state until the tool stops shrouding and continue with the advance cycle of the axes but the response time of feedhold is very slow... I also tried to create macros but it wouldn't work. Maybe you are doing something wrong with the VBScript editors.

I would appreciate any help
Kind regards,
Fred.
Re: Best way to set up a gear making machine - I need help
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 11:50:08 AM »
Sorry it's not clear what you are trying to do.  Make gears?  If so by profiling from flat plate or using a rotary axis?  Are you using a standard mill or wanting to make a special purpose machine?  You might find it useful to look at the Gearotic software.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 01:26:56 PM »
Hello Juan, how are you?
I am doing a retrofitting, it is a mortiser that I am converting to CNC with Nema42 motors and recirculating ball screws. Regarding your question about what I am going to mechanize, I should have both options...
I just need to set up a pause macro/brain so the tool will work with the axes waiting until they are triggered again to reposition. This would be something like pause/resume/pause/resume, and so on until the end of the G-code procedure.

Kind regards,
Fred.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 05:45:22 AM »
So I still don't understand what you are wanting to do, but it seems to have nothing to do with gears!  Do you want the machine to go to a given position; wait while you manually feed down to cut a mortise; then go to the next position and wait, etc?  An easy way to do this would be to put a tool change after each move, which normally causes the machine to stop and wait while you lift and possibly move the cutter to a convenient position to change it, then moves back and continues.  I think this is the M6 macro.  So after each G0 command you'd have an M6 to stop the machine; then you manually feed to make your cut; then click cycle start again to go to the next position.

If you wanted of course you could do the vertical feed automatically with:

G01 Z<depth value> F<feedrate>
G0 Z<safe Z>

at each X and Y position.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2023, 05:48:07 AM by JohnHaine »