Mach Discussion > Mach3 under Vista

Asking for very basic guidance.

(1/4) > >>

amron:
Hi and please don't lough at me. I'm totally new to Mach3 and I would like to learn. I've purchased a TB6560 stepper motor controller board and set it up, at this point just to try and operate it. as you can see on the attached pic, it has only one stepper motor connected to it and I would like to see if it works. the board is connected to a usb port on my pc with windows7 32bit os.
I would like to ask for your help telling me what shell I do in order make the motor spin. of course I'm aware that if it's all good, I'll purchase two more motors as I intend to make a light cnc milling machine.
Of course, if more info needed, I'll be happy to provide.

Tweakie.CNC:
Hi Amron,

Welcome to the forum.

I think the first thing you need to do is read the Mach3 manual. Don't worry too much abourt the bits you don't understand at this stage (we all started out knowing nothing about Mach3) then come back with any specific questions you may have.
One thing to consider at this stage is that Mach3 is now obsolescent and you should perhaps be looking toward the future by using and learning Mach4.

The Mach3 Manual can be downloaded here:  https://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mach3Mill_Install_Config.pdf

Tweakie.

amron:
Thanx for your reply.
As per your suggestion to use the Mach4, the main reason that I'm using the Mach3 is that it was supplied with the TB6560.
does the Mach4 supports the TB6560 as well? the other reason is that I thought the it's more advanced and more complicated than the older version and as you can tell, even that is (in the meantime) Chinese to me. my goal is to set it up step by step and that's the reason that I want to try operating the motor in order to see that basically it operates and from there to move on.

Tweakie.CNC:
By all means, stick with your copy of Mach3 until you have a working machine. I still use Mach3 from time to time.

Tweakie.

amron:
According to your advise, I've downloaded the manual and began to read it. I've seen that was told that there is a need for a motion controller board. can I assume that the TB6560 serves as this controller board? I'm sure that my questions might seem ridiculous to people that are experts in this, and I have to start from zero. I was looking for a forum that deals with the TB6560, but unfortunately, found none. if there is such a forum and/or any other source of information, please let me know. right now, I'm connecting the DP25 on the TB6560 to a usb port on my pc. I hope that I'm doing right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version