Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 07:30:14 AM

Author Topic: Newby converting to Mach4 from Mach3 and scared but doing it  (Read 3138 times)

Re: Newby converting to Mach4 from Mach3 and scared but doing it
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2023, 12:22:54 AM »
Hi,
now populate the Input Signals tab of the ESS plugin per the attached.

Note that I have not assigned any Limits yets....that will come later, and whats more it will be confusing because we are going to use
the same swtiches as Limits, or at least some of them.

Note how the ESS Homing tab has auto-populated, and note also the highlighted entries, they may become important later when you are trying to auto square
the gantry but the switches are not quite square.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Newby converting to Mach4 from Mach3 and scared but doing it
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2023, 12:36:01 AM »
Hi,
now the last thing is to set the Homing&SoftLimits tab of the Control plugin.

This is where some confusion may arise. Note down the lefthand column you see X,Y,Z,A etc....in fact the axis letters are a red herring, the real point is the numbers, 0,1,2,3 etc
corresponding to the motor numbers. Note the the Z axis Homes first followed by the Z axis, but motor1 and motor 3 Home simultaneously, and motor1 is the Y axis master and
motor3 is the Y axis slave. That they should Home together is 100% correct. But note that they are quasi independent, that is motor1 will Home to its moror1-Home switch
and motor3 will Home to its motor3_Home switch. If the switches are set square then the gantry will end up square also, even if it started a bit askew.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'