Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 04:12:44 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Turn - Finish Pass Arc Has Crazy Results  (Read 1188 times)

Mach3 Turn - Finish Pass Arc Has Crazy Results
« on: February 11, 2023, 04:04:10 AM »
Photos and Code attached...
I'm going nuts using Fusion 360 hobby and Mach3 Turn. I genuinely believe I''m seeing a Mach issue and not Fusion or my G-Code, but I need your expert's help in case I'm crazy!

In every part I'm programming, I'm getting crazy-deep finish passes with G2 commands. To test this, I made a very simple radiused groove program. I modeled the bar OD to .980 and the min groove diameter to .750" and cut it from a 1" AL bar. The result was a .977 OD and a SUUPER DEEP .640 dia groove. Thats >.100 dia below my target!

The really crazy thing is that everything looks to run perfectly fine until the finish pass (the final G2 command). The final pass should be a gentle .002 depth and it inexplicably plunges .050 too deep! The only dimension off significantly is the G2 groove. This tells me it's not my tool setup. I also trimmed everything unnecessary out of my code to make sure I wasn't messing it up.

Things I have checked:
     I don't change tools for the finish pass.
     Mach3 "ijk mode" is set to "incremental
     My axes are calibrated and I get <.001 accuracy in x and z moves
     I am in diameter mode

I have checked this code in various simulators and Mach is the ONLY program showing me this super-deep last pass (it DOES show up on the graphics screen as too deep). I even used 2 different CAD programs to model and calculate the numerical result of the last roughing G2 command and the finish pass G2 and it shows they should be .002 apart, AND at the correct overall depth. Why would Mach3 make this code go so deep on the last pass?

What am I missing here? Can others check my code and see if the same thing is happening??

I need your expert help!

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Turn - Finish Pass Arc Has Crazy Results
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 08:27:42 PM »
The g-code looks to be in radius mode, X0 should be the centreline of the spindle, where do you have it set?
Without engineers the world stops