Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 04:12:08 PM

Author Topic: Z home tripped  (Read 1178 times)

Re: Z home tripped
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2023, 08:03:30 PM »
 :o  Should not be an issue as Ess/C25 boot up prior to the mach4. Unless mach4 see's the high signals and assumes they were tripped before it loads the ESS? As stated if I hit enable, never see the message again unless a switch is tripped.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 08:07:56 PM by thebirdman »
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2023, 08:19:05 PM »
Hi,
the ESS and the BoB will power-up prior to Mach taking control. It is not clear to me whether the ESS starts running before Mach4 runs or vice-versa.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2023, 08:22:06 PM »
I would assume the ESs is already running prior to mach4 as they request you to shutdown mach4 first so it can softly close the ESS ?
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2023, 08:23:24 PM »
Hi,
if its not causing a fault I wouldn't get to hung up about it. You may well come to some conclusion or even a solution at a later date. In the mean time
you need to start making chips. Nothing but nothing teaches you faster about your machine, Gcode, Mach4....the meaning of life etc than making chips.

Craig
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2023, 08:25:31 PM »
Agree, going to fly with it till I hear back from Artsoft
Tkx Again
Randy
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2023, 06:12:28 PM »
Now off onto my next Issue with understanding how  touch pad's work?  did pickup a sienci pad back when I was reducing my bank account on this upgrade, and was playing with it today with no luck.
Doesn't one of the ends of contact need to be isolated from each other as there is continuity between the work piece and the tool through the mill itself? May just glue some thin plexiglass to the surfaces and add that to the thickness?

Came up with a thought about 3dprinting a simple collet while I was having a morning read :)
End solution...It does work for what it is intended to do. hold a steel probe and isolate it from the machine, quick testing and it work's fine, collet is not doing machining, just holding a stationary probe for measuring.
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2023, 07:44:33 PM »
Hi,

Doesn't one of the ends of contact need to be isolated from each other as there is continuity between the work piece and the tool through the mill itself?

Yes, that is correct. Therefore probing metallic parts clamped in a vice which is electrically connected to earth requires that the probe tip be insulated from the body of the spindle.
You have selected a good way of doing that. I have used 3.128 mm diameter cylinder, which fits my commonly used collet with a layer of heatshrink insulation around and inside a snug fit
brass tube. the tube is very close to concentric, say within 0.05mm, and yet isolated from the spindle/machine earth.

Craig
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2023, 11:25:36 PM »
is yours problem with the input solved?
if yes ,good
if not please tell me first do you need in yours card give "0" or "24v" as input signal to the card?
from long exprience its very very important isiiue
the"0" its big entrance for trouble  with pokeys we have option to add isolated card that we can choose each input
this solve many many NPN  sensors problems now we can use PNP like big boys
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2023, 06:37:30 AM »
Hi, according to warp9 and artsoft, issue is caused by the sequence things are loaded and values at those times, Issue has no effect on how mach4 functions
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2023, 09:26:07 AM »
I solved all my Limit and Homing issues and others, switched to UCCNC. All the settings you need are right there no little tricks to learn.  I had one minor Me issue with Homing sequence and it was solved.
Retired Master Electrician, Commercial HVAC/R Service and lots of Hobbys.