Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 05:14:03 AM

Author Topic: completley of the topic!  (Read 3198 times)

Offline ziga

•  24 24
    • View Profile
completley of the topic!
« on: November 06, 2007, 07:02:48 AM »
Hello

I know this is completley of the topic so plz dont be to pised of...
I have a problem and i dont know where to turn.
I have just bought a mach3 license and i am very pleased whith the service i got it 3 hours after a placed an order. I live in Europa(Slovenia) and this was my first order via internet, than i orderd some gecko drives and will be here in 14 days.

My question is, why can't i order a calculator(titanium ti-89) in us and get it shipped to slovenia?? i am realy busting my head over this...
i wanna do this couse in slovenia this calculator costs 266euro in us it is only -150$
1euro is 1,46$ so that is 388$

So if anyone can help me i would be grateful.

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
Re: completley of the topic!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 10:12:45 AM »
Have you checked if your country has customs duty on this equipment. That might be why the price is so high. The other thing to do is check ebay. Maybe even someone in your country has one up for sale.

Whacko
Nothing's impossible

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 03:55:31 AM »
Dont get excited - this happens in the UK too.

Things advertised in America for say $50 come to England where we have to pay £50 - and the £ to $ rate is 2 to 1.

It happens the world over. Find a friend in America who will buy one and post it to you.

My son (with Special Forces in Iraq) wanted a telescopic sight for his rifle. I tried to get one in the UK (from an internet site in America) and was refused - saying this was not permitted by US law. My son's friend (on leave from Iraq) bought one over the counter in America, and took it out to him. What a farce!!!

Where there is a will there is a way !!
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline ziga

•  24 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 03:22:08 AM »
we are in EU now and i think the costum duty has been aborted.
I was checking ebay and simular online sales, but i am little scared of buying there couse my friend bought a telephone there, and than when he got it it was broken and did not work, he payed a lot of money for it... I so i try not to buy things on ebuy which i cant go and take a look before u buy tham.
The problem whith my country is that is very small, we have only 2mil ppl living in slovenia, and there is not alot of ppl which would have this cind of calculators...
i think ill have to check if any of my relatives have some conection whith anyone in US or canada
thx for replays