Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 10:47:18 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 Wizard issues  (Read 1056 times)

Mach4 Wizard issues
« on: December 15, 2022, 04:06:17 PM »
Hi All,
I'm pretty new to Mach4 and the Smoothstepper board, but it works fine in most of the cases.
I created my own profile coppied from the original Lathe Screenset.
Now I got 2 issed with the wizard.
1. Threathening is not starting with a error message:
Unable to show wizard 6: wxLua: Expected a 'wxColour' for parameter 2, but got a 'no value'.
Function called: 'SetBackgroundColour(wxButton)'
01. wxWindow::SetBackgroundColour(wxWindow(self), wxColour)

Don't know where to fine those entries to fix it. BtW. the same 'original Lathe screenset with the original Profil is working fine, threading is opening without any error message.

2. When using face taping and select CCW spindel direction (right thread), the direction is not changing to CW after changing direction in Z.
When using CW (left thread) it is working correctly. Any idea, what's wrong?

Thx for looking into those issue.
Cheers
Frank 
Mach4 & ESS Smoothstepper on a own build lathe
Mach4 & PoKey on a 3 axis CNC Mill
Beamicon 4 axis CNC control on HighZ-S1000 from CNC-Step
Re: Mach4 Wizard issues
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2022, 04:27:50 PM »
Looks like found something in the lathesetup of the wizard. If I switch back in the lathe defaults from CCW to CW, the lathe Wizard for Threading is starting again.
Maybe I'm wrong, bit usually the spindel is running CCW in a lathe, or may I be wrong and need to change direction of my spindle?
Mach4 & ESS Smoothstepper on a own build lathe
Mach4 & PoKey on a 3 axis CNC Mill
Beamicon 4 axis CNC control on HighZ-S1000 from CNC-Step

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,673 2,673
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Wizard issues
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 09:45:02 PM »
The spindle direction is all relative to the orientation of the tool in the turret, if the turret is at the back and the tool is facing up its CCW but if its a front turret and the tool is facing up its CW.

It all depends on the rigidity of the machine, most lathes cut better if the load is pressing the saddle on to the bed.  Lifting from the bed causes vibration and poor surface finish.

Without engineers the world stops