Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 09:13:14 PM

Author Topic: Safe Z question  (Read 1685 times)

Safe Z question
« on: February 13, 2020, 09:34:05 PM »
I *think* this is a Safe Z question.  Its probably covered somewhere here in the half-million posts but I'm in my 60's so time is precious.

I zero my machine,  Mach 3, Chines router.
I move the X and/or Y and lower the Z to zero it on the materiel surface.
I press the GOTO ZERO button, and the machine drags the tool accross my materiel without raising the Z accecc like it once did.
I have checked the box under "Safe Z"  but whatever I did 8 years ago doesnt work anymore. (I had to replace the hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch recently).

Is there another box to xheck that i'm not seeing?

I wasnt the machine to , as it once did, raise the tool 1" before moving X or Y.

Thanks for your help!
Re: Safe Z question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 06:36:04 PM »
Please...share the solution
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2022, 03:23:34 PM »
--Bump--

Although I'm just in my 40's I still didn't find the answer  ;)

I'm using Mach4 there is no safe z checkbox. I want to go to Z0 every time when I click cycle start

The script says: --mc.mcCntlMdiExecute(inst, "G00 G53 Z0")--After ten zillion cycle start clicks With Z moves
Is it possible to not to click one zillion times?

Thanks

Offline reuelt

•  520 520
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 09:22:15 PM »
I *think* this is a Safe Z question.  Its probably covered somewhere here in the half-million posts but I'm in my 60's so time is precious.

I zero my machine,  Mach 3, Chines router.
I move the X and/or Y and lower the Z to zero it on the materiel surface.
I press the GOTO ZERO button, and the machine drags the tool accross my materiel without raising the Z accecc like it once did.
I have checked the box under "Safe Z"  but whatever I did 8 years ago doesnt work anymore. (I had to replace the hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch recently).

Is there another box to xheck that i'm not seeing?

I wasnt the machine to , as it once did, raise the tool 1" before moving X or Y.

Thanks for your help!
Turn on SafeZ
SafeZ should be set to MACHINE COORDINATES (NOT to work coordinates).
So when spindle is at top, machine coordinate is ALWAYS zero.
So usually the safeZ is set to -5 mm (if metric or if using inches -0.2 inches) - MINUS 5mm or MINUS 0.2 inch
"the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord"