Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 09:38:12 AM

Author Topic: Not saving input config change  (Read 477 times)

Not saving input config change
« on: September 30, 2022, 10:48:54 AM »
I've changed the probe we're using.  The former probe was normally closed, whereas this one is normally open.
In the Mach Configuration when I change the Input Signal to "Active Low", click apply and then OK the change is not implemented or changed.

Is there a setting somewhere that prevents configuration changes?  This is just a generic install of Mach 4 to a custom-made machine.

Thanks for your help!
Re: Not saving input config change
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 07:30:20 PM »
Hi,
what motion controller? If its an ESS then the correct place to change the pin sense is the ESS plugin Pins Config tab, not the Mach4 Control Input Signals tab.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 10:32:22 PM »
Hi,
sometimes the only way to get a new setting to stick is to close Mach. When Mach closes it flushes all the setup data to the .ini file.
If I remember correctly there is a Lua function called 'Flush' which does the same sort of thing.

Code: [Select]
LUA Syntax:
rc = mc.mcProfileFlush(
number mInst)

Description:
Forces the core to commit any profile changes.

Craig
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 08:21:57 AM »
It's an ESS controller, I'll check that... Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 03:34:22 PM »
Hi,
the ESS plugin changes the Mach Control plugin.

For example if you assign an input port and pin in the ESS Pins Config tab, then associate that pin to one of Mach's inputs on the ESS Input Signals tab....then lo and behold
the Mach Control tab will also magically have that same input assigned on its Input Signals tab. In truth what has happened is that the ESS plugin  has made new assignments
(Port and Pin and Input Signal) and then modified the Mach Control plugin to match. That is to say the ESS plugin mastered the Control plugin. Note that not all ESS assignments
have that property....but many do.

Motor tuning and axis assignment are examples of data which is set/assigned in the Control plugin only.

I think the explanation for your problem is that the setting you are making (in the Control tab) is being overwritten by the ESS plugin. It is for this reason that Warp9
recommends if you need to change the sense (Active High to Active Low) of a pin then do so in the ESS Pins Config tab.

Craig