Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 04:17:14 AM

Author Topic: Gear Setup and Tapping  (Read 419 times)

Gear Setup and Tapping
« on: August 28, 2022, 07:51:07 AM »
Hi,

I currently have a milling machine setup on the Warp9 ESS. My spindle motor is controlled by a VFD so I understand that rigid tapping will not be possible. I just added an index sensor to my spindle motor so I can now get an accurate rpm and PID loop setup. However the PID loop acts a little strange and will randomly pulse the rpm by double, this could be every 10 seconds or every two minutes, completely random. So I would like to disable the PID but still have the actual RPM show.
I can open the Warp9 Diagnostic tab and see the actual RPM, but would instead like it on the main control view.
I have attached my milling profile, would it be possible to change or could someone direct me how to?

Next, I would like to use a floating tap in my machine. Now due to me using a VFD it has a couple of seconds delay from stopping to reversing direction, the actual acceleration and decelerations are very fast. I've seen I can put a delay into the setup of Mach4 for when it executes G84 tapping cycle, I'm not so happy about the idea of getting the timing right, nor do I know how consistent it is. So my next question is, can I modify how the G84 works. Can I tell it to start feeding in the reverse direction once it sees the spindle speed has reached "X" rpm.

Lastly, I have a 2 speed head on my mill, a 1:1 ratio and a 8.5:1 ratio. Since the index pulse is on my spindle motor and not the spindle itself, I cannot get the gear changes to work, is there a possible work around for this?

I appreciate anyone who can help me out, thanks!