Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:41:58 AM

Author Topic: Loosing steps and stalling Help Please  (Read 10459 times)

Re: Loosing steps and stalling Help Please
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 11:35:45 AM »
No ,this computer is only connected to my drivers.No network or no software is installed on that pc.
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2007, 10:49:54 PM »
Have a look in the Bios and see if you can find and power settings and turn them off... also is this onboard Video??? If it is put in a video card and see if that helps.

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Al

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 02:05:52 AM »
Hi, I just want to jump in here to inquire if there turned out to be a solution to this issue.

The reason is it sounds very similar to my own. I don't know much about this software, or even the machine I have as I purchased it used. It is a Mill/Drill with a rotary table. It was running on Turbocnc, but the person whom I purchased it from had changed his new unit over to the Mach software. So I downloaded the trial and liked the way it worked so purchased the license today and downloaded the R2.56 VERSION of the software and upgraded the previous version I had ( not sure of the version) and now I have issues jogging and running files.

It is basically the same as is being described here. The axis runs for about 4 to 5 seconds and then chatters abit and stalls, if I reverse the direction it seems to be fineagain for the 4 or 5 seconds. Now prior to the new download and the license activation I could jog the full x and y travel of the machine with no problems. I will keep following this tread to see if anyone finds a cure.
Do it today! Tomorrow is Unknown

Offline Al

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 11:30:58 AM »
Just an update from some checking this morning.

It seems only my X and Y axis are affected by the issue. My 4th axis works fine on both jog and highspeed jog ( ie: home and end button, or SHIFT HOME AND END) As well I checked my Z axis and it is working fine as well.

I have tried changing the "config" "motor  tuning" files and although this changes the motor speed it does not change the stall problem. I have also checked for soft limits, again all seems in order.

As well I reverted back to ver 1.84 and no change.

Offline Al

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 10:09:51 PM »
Just to update my situation.

My problem turned out to be the motor speed, and I had to "uncheck" the Sherline box in my settings.
Once this was done every thing seems to work fine.

I did a pencil run on one of my drawings and it worked flawlessly.