Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 04:02:26 AM

Author Topic: zero diameter circles and spurious circles  (Read 7224 times)

vmax549

Re: zero diameter circles and spurious circles
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 08:35:58 PM »
Lawrence, the circles almost sound like leadins that mach uses for the tool comp. Try turning the leadins off or reducing them in size or making them straight. In some examples if the bit is larger than the space to pocket then Lcam will not pocket that area.

Enlarging the file then reducing it rarely fools MACH when it comes time to cut it still has to abide by the diminsions verses tool diam.

Do you have a dxf file of the letters you want pocketed I would like to give it a whirl in Lcam.

(;-) TP

Offline ecnerwal

•  7 7
  • guitar maker cnc tinkerer
    • View Profile
    • Lawrence Smith Guitars & Mandolins
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 08:49:12 AM »
G'day All,
I think I may have confused the problem here. I don't have a problem cutting pockets ,it is that when i do I end up with a whole lot of little circles that I have to remove by editing the G-code manually, i.e with notepad.( see below)
 That'swould  not be a problem if I only had one inlay ,I  just edit it and use the file every time I want to cut it. The problem is that I want to do a lot of different inlays and I don't want to have to edit every one.
With the last update of LC2.58 the zero radius arcs have gone but these little circles are still there.
 I've tried differnt fonts files, creating letter files in various cad programs etc, but when I post the files at the size I need (1.5"w * 0.5"h) I get the same result. I've even tried creating a file that is 10 times the required size, no circles until I scale it down in mach and they appear again.
I do think it is a problem with LC .
I do appreciate the help I have recieved, .... it's just a little frustrating... i don't want to go back to cutting the inlays by hand again I'm getting to old for that .

vmax549

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 10:29:59 AM »
Hi Lawrence, I just tried the same type of setup and did not see any circles it cut just fine.

Can you describe HOW you are making the cutfile, are you using LCAM, what version??? or a different CAM package.

It it part of a DXF file that you are adding text to, or a separate drawing created in LCAM???

If Lcam can you post the Lcam project file??

(;-) TP

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 07:04:40 PM »
Hi, Lawrence

Those look like circle lead- ins to me.

You can turn the lead-ins off in the Lead-in Window, click on a circle/leadin, then double click, The window will open up, Un-Check the Leadin ON Box, Then OK.

Hope this Helps, Chip