Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:14:47 PM

Author Topic: RNR Motion USB Clone E-Stop issues  (Read 1189 times)

RNR Motion USB Clone E-Stop issues
« on: July 23, 2022, 03:33:05 AM »
Hi, I recently picked up an insanely cheap Vevor 2030T that uses an RNR Motion USB Clone board. I can't seem to get my E stop to function with Mach 3, and the markings on the board don't exactly like up with anything I've found for the official version of this board. It's hooked up to an E stop and a probe port, on pins 1 and 2, and the other lead is going to a port labeled OV, which does show continuity with the 24 volt in from the spindle control board. I've powered the 12 volt port on this board, grounding it at the "OV" port, with no change to the machines behavior when hooked to Mach 3. I was just using the control box without my CNC while trying things, so I may have found a combination that works for the machine itself and not the software. I have tried ports 10-13, and 15 in the software, with and without active low checked. The E stop has 3 poles, NO/NC functionality. I just want to be able to depend on an E stop to work as I'm learning the basics on this machine. I'll attach images once I can get to this website from a desktop. I have searched for answers for 3 days now. Thank you!
Re: RNR Motion USB Clone E-Stop issues
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 12:00:10 AM »
I was able to solve this, with some more digging. All input/outputs are under port 3. In my case, E stop is Port 3, pin 1, my probe is Port 3, pin 2, and my NO limit switches will be connected to Port 3, pin 3. Outputs are simpler than I thought, as well port 3, pin 1 = 1, port 3, pin 2 = 2 and so on. I did not have to supply anything with power, aside from the 24 volt input from my spindle control board. I was confused because the normal RNR motion USB board listed that I had to power the input rail separately for them to function properly. This forum is a wealth of information, and I did find my answer here, but the search terms weren't the easiest to find pertaining to my particular issue