Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 11:00:15 AM

Author Topic: m6 macro  (Read 663 times)

m6 macro
« on: July 15, 2022, 11:14:32 AM »
The error attachment is the error on the m6.mcs bottom window box , after i load mach4 4809 ? . The 2 nd attachment is the m6 macro i copied from a mach 4 video on youtube. When i run a m6 command from MDI window , , it goes to the correct position in the script , but when i hit the OK to probe , it says it is probing but no movement from the Z axis and the diagnostic window on Mach 4  does not show the probe active . Is there something missing from the script ?  .  Mach 4 --Smoothstepper ESS -- Gecko 540  .

Thanks

Ed
Re: m6 macro
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 06:56:39 PM »
Hi,
m6 macros are highly dependent on the machine meaning you usually have to write your own m6.
The expectation that you can download and install an m6 from who knows where and have it work is not realistic.

Have you tried running the code in the editor, step by step?

My guess is that this line is not working:

Code: [Select]
mc.mcCntlGcodeExecuteWait(inst, " G91 G31 Z-5. F5.")--probe the new tool

You need to run it in the editor and de-bug it.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: m6 macro
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 10:29:10 PM »
The error attachment is the error on the m6.mcs bottom window box , after i load mach4 4809 ? . The 2 nd attachment is the m6 macro i copied from a mach 4 video on youtube. When i run a m6 command from MDI window , , it goes to the correct position in the script , but when i hit the OK to probe , it says it is probing but no movement from the Z axis and the diagnostic window on Mach 4  does not show the probe active . Is there something missing from the script ?  .  Mach 4 --Smoothstepper ESS -- Gecko 540  .

Thanks

Ed

Check out

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=46818.msg294807#msg294807