Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:36:00 PM

Author Topic: Swap Axis Direction  (Read 942 times)

Swap Axis Direction
« on: July 08, 2022, 02:18:40 AM »
I am converting my machine from NCstudio to Mach3 so that I may use a 4th axis.
So far everything is going great, I have all 4 motors working and I believe tuned properly.
However some of the Axis are backwards... My X-axis is going the wrong way!

How do I flip the direction?

-------------------------------------

Second issue Is I am not sure how to setup the spindle.
It was setup in NCstudio for 3-pins (high, medium, low) rather than PWM.
The three settings are pre-programmed in the spindle to 5k, 10k & 20k rpm.
So in NCstudio, if the GCode calls for 8krpm, it would automatically go to 10k rpm.

How do I set these three pins in mach3?
Re: Swap Axis Direction
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 04:57:39 AM »
 goto config/Ports and Pins/Motor Outputs and select or deselect Dir active low Active should do what you need.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 07:28:47 PM »
excellent, that worked!

Now I need to get the spindle working properly.
NCStudio used 3 wires for high/med/low speeds which are pre-programmed into the spindle controller.
I have those same 3 wires connected from the spindle to the Mach3 card on pins 1, 16 & 17.
But, when I turn on the spindle, it immediately starts spinning up... I set the spindle in port/pins settings to pin #1 and have tried flipping both the step & dir between high and low active... but no change.
It looks as if Mach3 only allows for one pin output on the spindle?
Can I convert it to pwm with my card? is there a specific pin I have to use?
I would prefer to simply stay the way it is, 3-pins representing 3 different speeds, but am willing to switch to pwm.... not sure what to do.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 07:39:54 PM »
Here is the spindle controller, its a sunfar E300
I have the 3 pins connected to X1, X2 & X3 which are multi-function inputs set to specific RPM's.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 07:49:46 PM by JBWolf »
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 07:34:52 AM »
 There are a few different ways to control the spindle from mach3. If your BOB has a analog output and a relay then you can use that to turn on the spindle on and off  and control the rpm. It your inverter has RS485 you can use that also to control the on/off operation and spindle rpm. The latter is my preferred method as there is a modbus plugin available for mach3 which allows easy setup of the connection. If you choose to use the first method then you will have to set the inverter parameters accordingly to work with the analog voltage.
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 10:20:05 PM »
unfortunately I cannot find a manual for my BOB, but it looks as if every output has an opto-iso... can those run an analog signal for the spindle?