Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 01:57:53 AM

Author Topic: Precise jogging and speed help  (Read 1462 times)

Precise jogging and speed help
« on: July 08, 2022, 09:31:24 PM »
I'm learning Mach3 and could use help with jogging.
I have figured out using TAB brings up the MPG and allows general movements, but I'm having trouble with moving a very specific amount.

So if jog set to continuous, it moves at the speed I set (3,000mm/m)... but if I change it from continuous to step, it just crawls at 0.1 per second.... painfully slow. I cannot figure out how to speed that up.

Next issue is I cannot find a way to type in coordinates where I want the machine to move to.
If I have a specific location I want to move to, it seems I have to jog to it instead of simply being able to type in a X or Y axis value.
Is there a simple way to make the machine move to a specific axis position value?
Re: Precise jogging and speed help
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 02:05:27 AM »
To move to a specific location you need to use the MDI tab.  Just above the Reset button there is a long window labelled Input.  If you type say G0 X10 Y10 Z10 in that the machine moves to the coordinates (10,10,10)<return>. If you wanted to move 10mm in each direction from where you are now then first type G91<return> then type theG0 command.  If you only want to move in one coordinate then the others are not needed.

There is a way to change the increment jog speed but I can't remember what it is.  Read the manual.
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 03:25:58 AM »
Sorry the <return> should be after typing the command into the window.
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2022, 04:37:07 AM »
if I go to the MDI tab and in the input box type "X10" or "G0 x10" or "G0, X10" nothing happens
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2022, 05:38:50 AM »
Did you hit the enter key?
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 06:48:12 AM »
And you should not use quotes...
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2022, 06:49:16 AM »
By the way, depending on your keyboard, "enter" may not work, I always use "return" in Mach3.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2022, 07:25:33 AM »
 Where is the "return Key" on a PC running windows?
Regards
Charlie M.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2022, 07:40:16 AM »
It's the one you press for a "carriage return", usually a bit bigger with a left arrow and on the right of the KB.  If you have a separate keyboard with numeric pad there is often an "enter" key with that but in my experience, if you type anything into a box such as a numeric value or text, the enter key does nothing, you have to use return.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2022, 03:42:39 PM »
yea still doesnt work... im not using quotes, the quotes were to illustrate exactly what i was typing in.
the primary Enter button doesnt work (the one above right-shift and below backslash), neither does the enter button on the numpad... it just plays a 'ding' sound but no movement.
Ive tried every combo of G0 and xyz values
Using the MPG still works fine
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 03:49:29 PM by JBWolf »