Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:51:23 AM

Author Topic: ESS Disconnects my Internet?  (Read 928 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
ESS Disconnects my Internet?
« on: June 18, 2022, 05:54:27 PM »
Trying to configure Mach3 and noticed my Internet is not accessible. The ESS is live as I can see the green light ON and flickering.

No experience with ESS so I wonder can I have the ESS ON along with my Internet?

Nicolas
Re: ESS Disconnects my Internet?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 03:28:24 AM »
How are they connected?

Offline JG

•  61 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 06:11:46 AM »
Trying to configure Mach3 and noticed my Internet is not accessible. The ESS is live as I can see the green light ON and flickering.

No experience with ESS so I wonder can I have the ESS ON along with my Internet?
I think that you are saying that your ESS is connected to the network card in your PC and that is the only only network cable in use. ??

If that is the case, then of course you can't access the internet. To do that you need another network cable going to your router - or a wireless connection. There is likely to be a spare PCI or PCIe slot available so you could fit a second network card and therefore a second cable going to the router.

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 12:30:02 PM »
Many thanks for the help,

I now understand (after reading the ESS complicated instructions many times)that the ESS takes control and I have no need to access Internet from my cnc laptop.

However I find the Warp9 instructions so complicated because it sends you from one link to another with no end!!!

I removed Mach3 and Warp from my laptop and started install again, this time including the Mach3 plugin which is now installed in the Mach3 plugin folder and all went fine and got a message that Warp9 is successful. But again when I start Mach3 it says the IP address is wrong and when I input the factory default address 10 9 9 9 still doesn’t get it.

Quite frustrating
Nicolas

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 04:15:49 PM »
Forgot to instal my license and after I did it all is fine now
Nicolas
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 08:44:59 PM »
Hi,
if you follow Warp9's recommendations you would never have the internet hooked to your machine PC nor would you ever have it connected to
a network. The ESS should be connected direct to the PC, not via a router or switch.

If you attempt any of these things when your machine crashes you'll know the reason why.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'