Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:17:42 AM

Author Topic: Drew's Hardinge HNC Mach3 (from AH-HA for about 7 years ,from GE550)  (Read 7927 times)

Offline drew

•  79 79
    • View Profile
This HNC is just about done. It was converted from a Ge550 to Ah-ha about 7 years ago. I never liked the Ah-ha because you had to stop the machine from running to make a tool offset and it didn't have wear offsets. But it did thread unlike most other options available 7 years ago and vfd output was built into the card I got. The only thing I liked about the Ah-ha control is it didn't break down every hour of run time as the Ge550 did.
The new Mach control seem great. I haven't used it for any production run yet. It is run from the Parallel Port. It uses just about every input and output Mach has. It has steppers and drivers from the last conversion along with a 5HP spindle motor and VFD used to replace the original 2HP spindle and hi/low clutch also the varable speed pully is locked in place. New items include the touch screen lcd monitor, shuttle pro (piece of plastic glued to bottom for handle), handheld trackball and opto22 rack.
All the other functions are original  such as the turret index, collet and cutoff slide.
One last note I added a solinoid air valve to the machine so Mach can turn off the air when it is not needed. The collet rotary adaptor leaks air badly.  Just need to make sure the air is on when the oiler is active.
Drew
If I had something important to say it would be here.
Re: Drew's Hardinge HNC Mach3 (from AH-HA for about 7 years ,from GE550)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 07:53:34 AM »
Hi drew...I guess I have not been looking at posts very much....anyway, I am still without a toolchanger macro....how doese yours work? do you use the turret encoder?  I would love to see what you have....thanks, tons, Roo Trimble

Offline drew

•  79 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 09:30:01 AM »
Roo see post http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,4191.msg31239.html#msg31239
It has the atc macro code that uses all the original controls and encoder output. THX Drew
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 09:35:40 AM by drew »
If I had something important to say it would be here.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 09:54:24 PM »
I need one of those.  ;D  Good job.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!