Hello Guest it is April 30, 2024, 02:38:05 PM

Author Topic: add instance to mach4  (Read 943 times)

add instance to mach4
« on: April 16, 2022, 12:52:42 AM »
hi
in mach4 hobby ,in properties of any object on "edit screen"  Instance item can be  selected.
but one item exist for selecting (0)
how to add more instance ?
its possible to run two g code same time?
thanks
Re: add instance to mach4
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 04:03:42 AM »
Hi,
the 'instance' refers not to the Gcode but to Mach. Mach4 was always intended to run multiple instances.

For example you might have one instance running a three axis mill, a second instance running the sub spindle  for a mill-turn machine, and yet a a third instance
to run the automatic pallet changer.

With such a machine you need to specify which of the several instances your code applies to.

To my knowledge multiple instances are not available publicly yet....but one day.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 06:41:05 AM »
Hi
thanks very mush joeaverage . . .
So the public user can not use mach4 for special multiple instance.
I need to run two gcode on swisstype cnc turning.
gcode1:
G1 X.. Y.. Z.. A..

gcode2:
G1 B.. C.. D...

on one 7 axis machin.
Can you suggest another  controller like mach3/4 than can run multiple station? For example Linuxcnc or...
Can I do this easily with Linuxcnc?
thanks and regards
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 06:53:58 AM »
i use 2 computer connect  together and one pc have external software control this 2 mach by API
https://youtu.be/A4gRcnDL3PU
you can see there 2 cnc one cut one put labeling they work in parallel and the timing its control by API from another application

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 10:15:55 AM »
i use 2 computer connect  together and one pc have external software control this 2 mach by API
https://youtu.be/A4gRcnDL3PU
you can see there 2 cnc one cut one put labeling they work in parallel and the timing its control by API from another application
hi  KatzYaakov
what is controller? you use two mach3 controller on one pc? or use plc and hmi for controller? what is API means ?
thanks and regards
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 04:10:25 PM »
Hi,
there was a brief discussion on the Warp9TD forum just recently wherein Andy (Warp9 support engineer) described
Mach4 Expert.

I think its worth an enquiry to NFS to find out about Expert, I think it may do very much as you require.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2022, 08:21:56 AM »
Hi mjzrpr
I have the same task as you, namely to retrofit a Cincom Citizen L20 machine (swisstype) . I also chose Mach4 because I have a lot of options for modifying the software.
I will use two PCs, and I will make the synchronization commands through macros.
Do you want to keep the electronics of the machine, or do you put a new one? Mine had the electronics from Mitsubishi and I will replace it with the one from DMM.
These machines have three types of synchronization, Spindle synchronization (rpm), axis synchronization and axis and spindle synchronization.
The problem with this retrofit is that not being a dual control you can't have a full closed loop feedback like the original.
If the chuck closure is hydraulic for you, you get rid of it easier than me, because mine it's also on the servomotors and it can be adjusted from the software, meaning almost two other axes torque controlled.
I will use a single screen with an input from an HDMI Multi viewer, which will receive the signal from the two PCs.
The controllers I will use for the machine will be two PoKeys57CNC with 5 PoExtBusOC16 and one PoKeys57U as external PLC.
It's a complicated project, but interesting!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2022, 07:08:37 PM »
First I use mach4 not 3
I use pokeys only ,with extension of polrelay ( it's output cards from pokeys it's 8 relay each card I use about 6 card)
The PLC all are I'm m function,but the main interface of user it's application that I wrote in c# and it's control the 2 mach that run on each PC ,the way you control mach from onther application call API it's let you do all mach commands and read register value from external application
I also use onther application in same way to read absolute encoder and update mach