Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 09:44:11 PM

Author Topic: (Screen editing) How to link a gauge widget to an INPUT?  (Read 1147 times)

Re: (Screen editing) How to link a gauge widget to an INPUT?
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2022, 05:19:52 PM »
Hi,

But as the motors can be reconfigured between different HLFB behaviours fairly trivially, and code is just code, there's no reason why I cannot program a "change HLFB behaviour" button in Mach, and select between "HLFB = ALARM" and "HLFB = Torque load" modes, especially when testing new feeds/speeds/cutters and my hand can be near the estop mushroom.

In order for Clearpath to make their devices as easy to understand as possible they have limited  themselves to just one single output, HLFB.
My Delta servos have six independent digital outputs, any and all of which can pe programmed to reflect a number of output conditions, including
over current, over voltage, overload, following error, zero error window etc. In addition to the digital (on/off) outputs there a two programmable analog (0-8V)
outputs for monitoring purposes, say motor current and/or motor temperature.

The Delta's have an encoder output as well. The native encoder is 160,000 count per rev but you can program the aux encoder output of the drive to have anywhere from
4 lines per rev to 40,000 lines per rev. This is great if you have a standalone DRO say.

Clearpath miss on all those features because they wanted/needed to simplify their device to sell to newcomers. Shame really.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: (Screen editing) How to link a gauge widget to an INPUT?
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2022, 03:42:27 PM »
You try "develop " solution for something that already have many years very good solution
There several ways cominicate with drivers ,modebus, mechatrolink, ethercat...they all work perfect around the world,but you insist develop your own.....good luck