Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 07:29:39 AM

Author Topic: No Stepper Response in Vista 32 via Parallel Port  (Read 1739 times)

No Stepper Response in Vista 32 via Parallel Port
« on: April 10, 2022, 03:48:13 AM »
Hello CNC Community,
I have a Velox VR2525 that uses a parallel port interface and Windows Vista 32. Velox company is not being responsive, their telephone number is disconnected and their tech support forum questions are not being answered so it looks like I’m on my own. I don’t have any of the manuals or connection digrams(other than what is on their website).
 I’ve been successful getting Vista to boot and Mach3 to launch using my license and .xml file. I believe the parallel port is properly configured. When I click into the ‘Diagnostics’ tab, I can toggle my HOME switches for the X, Y,  and Z-axis’ and I can see M1…M# illuminate in the software. This leads me to believe the parallel port is somewhat configured correctly.
My problem:
I cannot get any of the steppers to turn on.
I have attempted to map out the parallel port pins using the continuity setting on my Fluke to what I believe are the pulse and direction pins on the driver modules(this is just a guess). I have tried to configure my ‘Pins ports’ tab with the following settings and I get ‘0’ response from any of my steppers.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 03:49:57 AM by chiques »