Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 06:48:10 AM

Author Topic: what do I do now?  (Read 1385 times)

what do I do now?
« on: March 29, 2022, 08:11:56 AM »
Hi,
Sorry but I'm a newby. I have a cnc cutter for pvc. It runs on a UNO controller. currently I can only use easel and operate via USB port to the controller.
How do I move over to Mach3 or whatever if my laptop does not have a parrallel port and is there some instructions for dummies please?
Re: what do I do now?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 05:00:09 PM »
Is your UNO running grbl?  Why do you want to move to Mach3?  You could stay in the grbl world but have a better system to drive grbl/UNO, but if you change to Mach you will need a different motion controller to replace UNO/grbl.  You can run usb motion controllers from Mach3 (which I do) or there are other and possibly better combinations.

So first, why do you want to change?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 01:34:42 AM »
Hi,
Thank you for the quick response, I appreciate it. I am looking to get something better than doing my cnc cutting with easel. My Uno does run gbrl. Currently I am getting along with easel, but I was just wanting to find out if there is something better to use.
Thank you.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 01:49:10 AM »
Well easel does cad/cam and CNC control. Mach 3/4 only do the control part.  What's wrong with easel you want to fix?