Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 02:01:17 AM

Author Topic: Start Building a new CNC  (Read 2980 times)

Offline kolias

•  1,154 1,154
    • View Profile
Re: Start Building a new CNC
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2022, 12:44:10 PM »
I understand this John but after I pay $200 for the license do I have access to all (mill, lathe, plasma)? I read somewhere that for each machine you need a special license which cost more (think was $60) and that’s why I asked the question here. So it is $200 + more for a mill?
Nicolas
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2022, 12:58:29 PM »
It says that the licence is specific to a computer which I think is the same as for Mach3.  But if the same computer runs different versions (non-concurrently) it may be fine.  But ask NFS support or sales, they should be able to give you a definitive answer.
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2022, 02:08:40 PM »
Hi,

I understand this John but after I pay $200 for the license do I have access to all (mill, lathe, plasma)? I read somewhere that for each machine you need a special license which cost more (think was $60) and that’s why I asked the question here. So it is $200 + more for a mill?

No, you are confusing UCCNC which costs an extra $60 for every installation. Mach4Hobby costs $200USD, a one time only purchase. It can be used
on up to five different and distinct PCs concurrently. Mach4Hobby covers all machine types, mills, lathes etc, no add-ons required.

As John has pointed out a Mach4Hobby license is specific to each PC. When licensing a new PC you submit the MAC (unique PC identifier code) to the
NFS Licensing page and it issues the license files specific to that PC. If you no longer require a given PC be licensed you can release it, and license
another instead. You are allowed seven such transactions in two years.

All-in-all Mach4Hobby licensing is pretty generous but not open slather like Mach3. There are now probably many more pirate copies of Mach3 out there
than genuinely licensed ones. Can NFS be blamed for discontinuing Mach3 development given that there are so many pirate copies from which they can
derive no income?

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'