Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 02:17:25 PM

Author Topic: Windows 11  (Read 8258 times)

Re: Windows 11
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2022, 11:41:04 AM »
OK, well you should be able to get the required plugin from the warp9 website I guess.

https://warp9td.com/index.php/sw
https://warp9td.com/index.php/documentation/doc-ess

Ethernet is general purpose - the physical port and the electronics behind it dont't care if you connect it to the Internet via your router or a CNC machine.  It's the higher level software which tells the difference.  One thing, you may need a "crossover" cable to connect.  The documentation above should tell you.  They have a "system configuration utility" which hopefully will do all the hard work of setting up Windows to talk to the unit.

Offline Ts

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2022, 01:35:11 PM »
Yes I was able to download The drivers that I needed I now know that the motion controller and the computer are talking all the lights are lit up on the motion control it should be.  The problem I’m having now is the motors will not move on the table itself these are servo motors with encoders and what I don’t know is how to determine what pins are being used so that I can make the changes in the Mach3 software

Offline Ts

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2022, 01:37:40 PM »
Also I did get rid of the USB to Ethernet  adapter and was able to plug into the Ethernet connector
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2022, 02:05:37 PM »
Well progress anyway!  You will probably have to trace the wiring between the connectors on the ESS board, the "breakout board" (if there is one), and the motor drivers.

Offline Ts

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2022, 05:21:23 PM »
Yes it has the C 35S breakout board another question do I have to put any value in for the encoders? If so where might I find that information
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2022, 05:21:07 AM »
The encoders are presumably part of the servos and will feedback position to the associated motor driver.  Mach3 has no knowledge of encoders as such, it just assumes that the machine is driven by stepper motors, even if those "steppers" are actually servos.  If it sees a command to move a certain distance, say 1mm, it just uses its knowledge of how many steps are needed for the axis in question to move 1mm.  This is set by the "steps per unit" parameter in the config motor tuning menu box.  If you know the resolution of the encoders/servos, the ratio of any gearing between the motor and the screw, and the screw pitch, this can be calculated.  But there is also a convenient wizard somewhere which can measure and configure it for you. 

In case you don't have it download a copy of the Mach 3 manual from the Newfangled Solutions website - this covers all of this stuff.

If you are still in touch with the guy who sold you the machine, ask him if he still has a copy of the xml config file (see the manual to read about this) that he was using.  This file contains all the setup information, ports/pins/steps etc, and is backed up every time Mach3 runs.  If you can get a copy of this you should be able to just copy it into the correct folder and it will configure the machine for you.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 05:24:35 AM by JohnHaine »