Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:20:34 PM

Author Topic: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"  (Read 140947 times)

Re: An unfinished screen set - "Mach Blue"
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 08:34:38 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that clarity should be an essential part of the screenset. I'm hoping at least one or two of the screens posted meet this. Certainly the darker colour ones. I'm not quite sure on Mr Beans Mach Pink however :)

I have a query. I need to add 3 labels for the leds shown next to the reset buton. But what are they for ?

Can someone please advise what these should be labelled.

Thanks

ynneb

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2006, 06:36:07 PM »
Yes i have wondered what they meant too. I just left them out, on my screen.
I guess if they are not labelled they cant be that important, and I think you will find that the status bar and ticker keep you informed better to whats happening..

You mentioned about moving tiny LEDs, no doubt you may have discovered you can select then by dragging a square over them and using the arrow butttons on your keyboard. Pain I know, but works.
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2006, 08:04:54 PM »
Thanks for that Benny. For now the leds are there with no name....
I cannot believe I hadn't tried the arrow buttons to move graphics. I cannot understand it as I actually program and use these keys during form layouts  ::)
It makes it a lot easier !

Well we didn't manage to progress far tonight. We had hoped to move onto the MDI screen but we found that when we tried our layouts on a 1024 * 768 screen it didn't go to plan and exceed the taskbar etc.... I blame Mr Bean and he blames me :)

So hopefully he pulled it together and with some tweaks we hope our 1st screen - Program run is almost complete. I managed to convince him to develop the pink theme low key......

So.. rather than plod ahead doing all the screens and then getting feedback we will do one. Tweak / amend on any comments and then move on.

The attached zip file contains 3 colour themes. Mach Blue, Mach Dark Blue and Mach Steel Blue.

If you wouldn't mind giving them a try we would appreciate it.

Extract the zip and copy the contents to the c:\mach3\bitmaps\MachTestScreens folder.
You will need to make the MachTestScreens folder

The .set files should go into the c:\mach3     folder.

(Paths obviously change if you have a different location)

Using Mach3 you should be able to try them out.

Note this is only the Program Run Screen. After 1st loading. Minimize mach3 then restore it to fix the led state bug.

Good luck !
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 07:07:32 AM by santiniuk »
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2006, 10:27:03 PM »
We are not using RealDraw.

Weeelllll, What ARE you using???

Thank you in advance,

Ballendo
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 10:35:02 PM »
Hi,

I have a query. I need to add 3 labels for the leds shown next to the reset buton. But what are they for ?

Can someone please advise what these should be labelled.

Thanks

If you open the screen in S4, you can double click on the LED's to see what they are...

From bottom to top:
Estop, or OEM16
Estop, or OEM17
OEM 19

About those "or's" above...

Art uses these LED's during development, and the OEM codes are alternately used with the ESTOP system function. (I asked him this same question several months back)

So... I wouldn't bother with labelling them... (As Benny sez, they may be deleted from a screen with no ill effect.)

ART, Brian, James, Benny,
A suggestion for Screen4: How about an OEM lookup table attached to Screen 4? (In the video for S4 Art suggests loading the docs and using that... Wouldn't it make sense--and be FAR easier to use--if the OEM numbers mapped into S4 the same way the system functions do???

Ballendo

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2006, 10:36:19 PM »
[ART, Brian, James, Benny,

Doh! Sorry JOHN, not James.

Ballendodo
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 06:04:47 AM »
Ballendo,

Thanks for the info on the LED's. It looks like they will be removed if they offer no real use.

Regarding the graphics the buttons are created in Xara Webstyle and Mr Bean is using Photoshop for the panels and anything clever !

You requested the steelblue .set Did you manage to try out the zip file above ?

Thanks
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 10:31:40 AM »
Hey Santini.  I downloaded your screen set.  Very nice, but it seems vaugely familiar to the one's I'm working on. ;D

I couldn't believe we'd made the screens the wrong size.  The Main bitmap was 1024*768.  I completely forgot about the task bar, also the window title and top menu strip.
Although neither of us had checked, I will take the blame like a man!!

The side bar of the window is only about 4 pixels and was easy to account for, but all that vertical space was a lot to lose, and meant a complete redraw, shuffling stuff, a bit here and a bit there.
Hopefully we're good now and it looks okay on a 1024*768 screen.

It's all been good practice tho' and the remaining screens should be much faster, proving we don't stuff it up again.
I know these screens are perhaps not to everyones taste, but we tried to stay close to the original layout, but with a more "gelled" feel to the screen.

I actually prefer the lighter colours myself.
If there are any requests for a particular colour, we'll do our best to accomodate it.

Cheers.
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 05:23:15 PM »
hello to all

is there a functionnal mach3 screen for lathe that i can use the color that i saw where just eye catcher fantastic work

marcel beaudry
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2006, 06:22:12 AM »
Marcel,

Unfortunately I don't have a lathe as I would love to try out Mach3 with one. I remember as an apprentice quite some years ago having great fun using one......

Ref your question about a screenset for a Lathe, I don't think we had any plans to make one but I'm sure we could do one after completing the Mill screen. A quick look at the lathe .set and it looks like a lot less work !

I'm sure Mr Bean wouldn't mind :)

Cheers