Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:25:29 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 - Two types of Probe - Active low and active high - how to have both?  (Read 900 times)

Hello,   

I've been using a G540 with a touch off probe to set my z axis (active low) for a few years.   I recently made a touch probe for non-conductive materials. (x/y axis)  (active high)  Apart from going into the settings every time and switching the probe from active low/high and back is there any way to set this up?  Even moving the a toggle button for active low/high onto the home screen would be handy.  I've used screen4 to do some basic stuff so willing to have a go but cant find any material on how to toggle the active low/high probe in code.

The G540 is 12v at the inputs and a Not gate circuit was suggested but not sure how to wire this up. 

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Make the probe activate a relay
Without engineers the world stops
So I think I'll just make a base touch off probe with the same mech.  Problem solved.

Hi,
with Mach3 you will struggle to have two probes. What you are in effect required to do is use an auxiliary output to switch a relay between two independent probe
circuits, one circuit ill require a logical invert so that as far a Mach3 is concerned there is only one probe.

Alternately step up to Mach4 where there are four independent probe inputs.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Hi Craig,

I've a single plug above the spindle.  I'll just choose the desired probe.  I've a few different macros set up for probing.  It should be fine.

Made from parts sitting around the workshop.

Cheers
Brad.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 05:46:34 PM by Podbuilder »
Hi,
 yes plugging the probe in to the right socket will do the trick, but Mach is expecting either a normally closed or a normally open contact. Both probe will
have to be the same....which may in turn require a 'logical invert' but into one of the probes.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Yes.  Both are now the same.  I was using a aluminium touch off  block (active low)  both these will be active high.