Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:09:57 AM

Author Topic: Home Limit Switch problems Mach3 with HobbyCNC Pro  (Read 13244 times)

Re: Home Limit Switch problems Mach3 with HobbyCNC Pro
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 07:08:52 AM »
Hi rustyolddog

I am vary happy! Your tipp to install those capacitors worked out well. Now my cnc milling machine does as it should!
Many thanks for your support and have a nice Sunday.
Regards
Martin
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 09:26:47 AM »
Glad to have helped Martin. When you get a chance, post a pic of your machine.

--C
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 09:34:31 AM »
I certainly will do so. Martin
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 12:03:29 PM »
Hi Stemasoft,
I Have identical case with 3D-step card. I have shielded lines for stepper motors too; grounded at both ends. 3D-step card has those capasitors already. One interesting notice was that by deactivating - limit or home (with all axis) by sw the problem was gone. Card do not deliver that disturbing signal I believe. I tried to increase debounce to 0.7s but did not help. One idea is that my computer is bit too slow 900MHz and that causes timing issues with mach3. I have plan to make some oscilloscope measurements in near future to ensure that drivercard led's are not too fast to my eyes.
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2010, 08:06:41 AM »
Hi rustyolddog

I am vary happy! Your tipp to install those capacitors worked out well. Now my cnc milling machine does as it should!
Many thanks for your support and have a nice Sunday.
Regards
Martin

Dear martin... First af all... Sorry for my ugly english
I need your assitance because I jave the some problem with the mechanical limit switch
I have 3 installed on X, Y and Z axis through shield cable. mach recognise this limits. The machine move all axis manually, but if you load a G code and run Mch3 stop saying Limit Switch Triggered.... The machine works if you shut down the limits.
Could you send me a drawing wit the 0.01 uf capacitor installation ??

Thanks and sorry again for muy english. Seba :)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2010, 11:14:43 AM »
Dont connect the ground at both ends. The ground for the shield should be connected at the controller. It is used to keep stray EMF or signals from being brought in. The connecting at both ends brings the machine gorund and controller ground together. This is the cause of many problems with the HCNC Pro. I have expereinced many issues with this same thing. With probes, touch plates, speed controllers. EVERY TIME. Dave is knowledgable about electronics, he knows how to stop the triggering he just has so many peple who screw up before that. He waits for you to research it a bit on your own. I used a metal case for mine because I had it and I think plastic looked cheap. Anyway that caused all of the triggering problems you refer to and never a diagnostic light showed up. In fact I turned the power off to the controller and ran a gcode and it worked. I knew something was wrong and used a cheap ground adapter and removed the ground momentarily and voila it worked. Check my username and see if you dont see those problems show up. Btw debounce and caps never would help mine til the ground issue was solved.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 11:17:07 AM by Fastest1 »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2010, 03:58:04 PM »
This is why you use opto isolation. Connecting that ground on the machine is causing you the problem.
Hi Stemasoft,
I Have identical case with 3D-step card. I have shielded lines for stepper motors too; grounded at both ends. 3D-step card has those capasitors already. One interesting notice was that by deactivating - limit or home (with all axis) by sw the problem was gone. Card do not deliver that disturbing signal I believe. I tried to increase debounce to 0.7s but did not help. One idea is that my computer is bit too slow 900MHz and that causes timing issues with mach3. I have plan to make some oscilloscope measurements in near future to ensure that drivercard led's are not too fast to my eyes.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)