Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 03:32:25 PM

Author Topic: Homing A axis  (Read 631 times)

Homing A axis
« on: December 29, 2021, 10:18:30 PM »
Is it possible to have the A axis home without removing it as the Y slave? I want to make sure the gantry is squared every time I home and I am not sure why A will not home individually?
Todd
Re: Homing A axis
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 07:39:11 AM »
Which motion controller are you using?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 08:45:16 AM »
Automations ethernet smooth stepper
Todd
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 09:55:24 AM »
SwiftyJ I should also state I am not the smartest cookie in the jar but learning quickly. Does Mach not control these actions?
Todd
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 02:10:56 PM »
If you have a 3 axis machine with 2 motors driving the Y-axis then in the motor config you will assign one motor as the Master and one as the slave. In the ESS plugin in the 'Pins Confiig' tab you can assign the input for your second home sensor as Y Slave Home, and then in the Inputs tab assign the slave motor home input to Y Slave Home.

You can see an example in the ESS setup guide found here: https://warp9td.com/index.php/gettingstarted/setting-up-the-smoothstepper-and-mach4#EssPinsConfig
If you scroll down a bit you will see they have set Port1 Pin15 to Y Home Slave & Lim
And then in the Inputs section a bit further down Motor 3 Home is set to ESS  - Y Home Slave & Lim
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2022, 02:55:32 PM »
I will definitely try that. I think I was getting confused because I was getting the Motor 3 Error when homing so I turned on that motor but then get another error but since you have shown how to edit that code, I can remove the A0 command now and hopefully be able to home A without removing it from the Slave. Update to come. Thanks again for sharing!!
Todd