Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:11:28 PM

Author Topic: Two (different) machines, same computer  (Read 1071 times)

Two (different) machines, same computer
« on: November 15, 2021, 06:17:44 AM »
I have started building the controller for what will be the CNC mill, and I want to run the machine on the same computer as my lathe.

I understand that both machines cannot be run concurrently.

Both machines are controlled by Ethernet Smoothsteppers, and each has its own dedicated network card/IP address.

The fact that Mach 4 can have multiple profiles leads me to believe that this is built in, but I'm not sure how to set up multiple Smoothstepper plugin configurations.

Or it is better to have two Mach installations, each with its own directory path?

What's the official way to crack this nut?
Re: Two (different) machines, same computer
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 07:34:24 AM »
I work 3 machines, one pc. I don't see why you wouldn't, every profile have different settings and stored in it's own folder so when you load a machine/profile the settings of this profile are loaded.

If your controller/plugin has something else, different that not let you do that i don't know!
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 02:39:01 PM »
I work 3 machines, one pc. I don't see why you wouldn't, every profile have different settings and stored in it's own folder so when you load a machine/profile the settings of this profile are loaded.

If your controller/plugin has something else, different that not let you do that i don't know!

How are you accomplishing this ??? can you please let me know how you have this set up??

thank you

Jamie Doeren
Renegade carving Co LLC
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 05:15:07 PM »
How are you accomplishing this ??? can you please let me know how you have this set up??

thank you

Just create a shortcut of Mach4 for each profile and right click - properties - target = C:\Mach4Hobby\Mach4GUI.exe /p "your_profile_name" (without quotes)
or load your machine profile from Mach4 Loader.

All my controllers have fixed ip and i just put the same to all, when i connect the machine i want to control i click to the profile i want to load. Nothing more, all settings stored in the profile folder.
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 05:38:08 PM »
yes I have done that also, I guess i miss understood as I thought you were saying you were runing them all at the same time as in they were cutting and in operation.
and I couldnt figure out how you got multiple windows to open as mine always says a version is running and I cant open another, although i can open mach3 and mach4 at the same time.

sorry my mis understanding 
Jamie Doeren
Renegade carving Co LLC
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 03:28:06 AM »
sorry my mis understanding 

No problem, as i know you can't run multiple machines in one pc same time. All would love and done if was possible :), one thought but not try or research yet is small pc to each machine and one screen with multiple views.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2021, 04:35:48 PM »
i have one type in our cnc range that have cnc cuting for wood and also cnc labeling that applie the label on board before cnc cut
both cnc run paralel ,how we do it?
we have 2 pc one screnn,and one main c#application that control this 2 mach system and send comand by the mach Api
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3LYR_zeAJs
can take alook