Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:42:09 PM

Author Topic: Can't FIx Machine Coordinate  (Read 642 times)

Can't FIx Machine Coordinate
« on: December 09, 2021, 02:40:28 AM »
Hey there, bit of a weird issue. My X axis machine coordinates is set at "+222.0" after I've Ref'd Home on all axises. That's a big issue seeing as I've got a 600mm X-axis which now stops at 378mm instead of 600 with the Soft Limits. (600-222 = 378) That cuts down on a big part of my table.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npd4Tmik4Is

I've watched the video above to Zero machine coordinates but this doesn't work for me. Once I've clicked "Reset Interp" and Zero and then "To DRO" Nothing gets sent to the DRO and machine coord still stay at +222

Any ides on how to fix that??

Re: Can't FIx Machine Coordinate
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 05:46:49 PM »
Hi,

I've watched the video above to Zero machine coordinates but this doesn't work for me.

You cannot set machine coordinates arbitrarily. The only way you can set them is to 'Reference All Home' or 'Reference' an axis.

If you have no home switches then the machine will 'Home in Place'. That is the machine coordinates will be set to zero (or Offset if programmed) wherever the machine
is at the moment.

If you have Home switches the machine will move to each Home switch in sequence and set the machine coordinate of that axis to zero (or Offset if programmed)

When a machine coordinate is set to zero it is possible to apply an Offset. For example if you program the x axis 'Home Offset'=75mm then you <Ref All Home> when the x axis
gets to its home switch the machine coordinate will not be set to zero but rather -75mm.

These are the only means of setting machine coordinates. Work coordinates CAN be set arbitrarily but not machine coordinates.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
Re: Can't FIx Machine Coordinate
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 06:05:39 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Yeah machine was already Homed on all axises with my Home switches when doing that. In the end my issue is resolved, after screwing around with Mach3 and restarting it several times over for half an hour I ended up shutting down the machine and restarting it along with Mach3 and then it wasn’t a problem to fix it.