Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 12:26:37 AM

Author Topic: How to change the direction of rotation of the motor?  (Read 1413 times)

Re: How to change the direction of rotation of the motor?
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »
Your new Velocity plot image shows the kind of pattern that is typical for a system.

You may still need to adjust the Velocity and Acceleration to match the capabilities of your machine.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2021, 11:58:13 PM »
I'm not sure how to adjust it, so I'll try it while trying it out.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2021, 02:36:59 AM »
Hi,

I'm not sure how to adjust it, so I'll try it while trying it out.

The basic idea is to experiment until you find the best settings for your machine.

Most people concentrate on getting their machine to go as fast as possible in the expectation that the toolpath will run fastest.
That is often not in fact the case. With a complicated toolpath with many direction changes high acceleration is the answer.

When a toolpath changes direction, lets say a right angle corner, then the machine must decelerate to a near standstill in one direction
and then accelerate off in the new direction. The higher the acceleration capability the better and faster the machine can follow the programmed
toolpath. Its more about how quickly you can get up to speed than how fast the eventual speed is.

To find the best settings:
1) Set the velocity to be low to moderate based on your experience/guess.
2) Gradually increase the acceleration (while leaving velocity alone) until the machine starts to lose steps or stall.
3) Back off the acceleration until the machine accelerates and decelerates without losing steps, typically 20% lower than absolute max
and the onset of stalling.
4) Now gradually increase speed until the machine loses steps/stalls
5) Back off the velocity until the machine is stable and loses no steps.

Note that if you decrease the acceleration you may be able to increase the velocity, but given my earlier comment, don't take it too far,
high acceleration is best for good toolpath following.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2021, 02:49:38 AM »
Hello everyone.
Succeeded in reverse rotation of the 3-axis servo motor (step / dir).
This is my first time with Mach4.
I was very happy.

However, the manual pulse generator does not work well now.
I looked here and imitated it.
https://www.warp9td.com/index.php/faq/faq-pendants-and-mpgs#MultiWirePendantInMachFour
× 10 and × 100 go too far.

If you know the cause, please tell me the solution.