Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:58:56 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 g54 work cordinates trouble help please  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 g54 work cordinates trouble help please
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 10:46:49 PM »
When you change tool, have you got offsets set for the tools in use. Each tool will need its own because if you are using G43 with a H value its going to offset the tool height by the amount in the H offset.  If the tools are different lengths they will be in the wrong position if all the tool offsets are set to zero.

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2021, 11:53:22 PM »
i have them set to 0 because I dont have a toolchanger so i do a manual tool change and then use a touch off to set the z hight.
Jamie Doeren
Renegade carving Co LLC
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2021, 12:15:14 AM »
this may be a stupid question but if I touch off when I change my tool and the height or Z is from the tip of the tool what does the tool offset actually do? in my mind i think if it adds the offset or subtracts it it will change my z position making my part either to big or too small. keep in mind I have been using Mach3 for over 10 years I think maybe longer and I have gotten way to comfortable I guess. lol time for me to put on my big boy pants and learn.
Jamie Doeren
Renegade carving Co LLC

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2021, 08:56:55 AM »
If you touch off every tool, you change the G54 Z zero, right? NOT the tool length.

But.........it seems whatever you're doing in Mach3 SHOULD work in Mach4. So the problem seems to be tool lengths. Be sure there are all zero's in the tool lengths.

Is this what you do? Touch off tool 1, zero the Z DRO, run the program. Load tool 2, touch off the tool in the same place, zero the Z DRO, run the program. Is that it?
--
Tom
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2021, 11:44:04 PM »
yes thats pretty much what I do, but if you go to the table offsets and pull up the g54 it will have offsets for the x,A,and Z .then when you go to cycle start it will pull up or add the offsets in. if I stop before any movement and zero a,x and put in the z height from zero 4.3118 , reset and then cycle start it will work fine. i know its putting the work offsets and the machine offsets together by adding them to gether it comes out to exactly what shows up in the dro. is it possible I have some bad script in the start up somewhere? is there script for that ?
Jamie Doeren
Renegade carving Co LLC

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 08:49:23 AM »
Have you ever said here which version of Mach4 you're running? Are you running Mach4 stone stock other than motion controller plugin and ports/pins for your setup or do you have a bunch of screen edits to customize? If pretty stock, even if NOT, you can rename C:/Mach4hobby to something like C/Mach4hobby_OLD and reinstall, then copy stuff in Screens, Plugins, Licenses, Profiles, Modules, over to the new install. But........if you or someone else has written some bad script in the screenset, they're going to come along!!

Again, if you go to the Offsets tab and click Tool Table and Fixture Table, there's nothing in there you don't expect?
--
Tom
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 02:04:52 AM »
Im running build 4612 with a smoothstepper rev.2 I do have a couple rev. 3 smooth stepper boards but they are for a couple other machines but from my understanding rev.2 isnt a problem.

Jamie Doeren
Renegade carving Co LLC
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2021, 12:55:53 PM »
Merry Christmas

I have solved my problem and since thereisnt alot of people doing what im doing with my cnc Im going to post a video when I get time to my you tube channel. relitivly simple solution and now it works pretty much the same as the mach3 only better.

thanks for all the help guys.
Jamie Doeren
Renegade carving Co LLC