Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:32:59 PM

Author Topic: configure spindle as c-axis on Lathe with smoothstepper and Servo (step/dir)  (Read 501 times)

Hello,

maybe someone can help me. I have build a lathe with a servodrive on my spindle. it works very good and the setup with smoothstepper and the spindle as motor 5 works very good controlled via step/dir Signals and the encoder in loopback from the servo controller. It is very good described on the warp9 page.

But how do I setup this configuration with the spindle as c-axis. Tried to setup the spindle as c-Axis with my configured motor. But I can not choose such a configuration in smoothstepper. When a want to start with M4 nothing happens.

Does anyone know how such a setup works and who mach4 is doing this? Dont really undestand the logic behind the system in that case. I am a little confused...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 04:14:57 PM by gesamtplan »
Hello,

Does anyone know how such a setup works and who mach4 is doing this? Dont really undestand the logic behind the system in that case. I am a little confused...

What servo you have, maybe we have the same and help you with the config. Yes you can, you need to find the input setting of your servo drive to change from step/dir to pwm/rpm, at mach4 you will setup up both and you change the script to enable the input of servo when Mach4 SpindleOn command run.

Pretty much all you need to do is to find the right settings of your servo, one output from your controller to the input of your servo and one command line in the spinCW/spinCCW script.