Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 07:06:34 AM

Author Topic: Editing mach4mill.cps  (Read 810 times)

Editing mach4mill.cps
« on: October 27, 2021, 08:58:51 AM »
Hello all,
what and where do I have to set in the postprocessor of Mach4 to change the approach or the order X Y Z and B.
At program start x y and z drive at the same time, but I want to drive only x and y first and z at the end.
Can someone please help me with this problem?

Thanks and greetings
Olli

Ps.: Forgot something else, at the end of the program is always driven to x0 and y0, I would like to change that too, it should not be driven anywhere, only G28 Z0 and done.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 09:07:18 AM by Olli-CNC »

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
Re: Editing mach4mill.cps
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 05:00:30 PM »
What program are you using?
Some toolpath software post processors are easy to change (Vectric) others are not (Enroute).
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 05:36:58 PM »
I'm using Fusion 360
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 07:54:20 PM »
Hi,
I use Fusion 360. The post options offered are very limited. I have no doubt if you dug down deeper you would find a much more comprehensive
post processor but would be commensurately very much more complicated. I believe however that your  problem would be sorted if you used the
Heights tab of the toolpath settings dialog.

In particular Fusion 360 makes its initial move to the nominal x,y starting position but at a z height of 'Clearance Height'.

May I suggest you experiment with  the 'Clearance Height', 'Retract Height', 'Feed Height', and 'Top Height'. Using these you can determine the the first move
is to the nominal x,y location but at some safe distance above the material. At the 'Feed Height' above the material the machine should slow to the prevailing
feed rate, usually the plunge rate as the machine lowers itself into the material.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 02:16:30 AM »
best place to ask this would be on the fusion forum they can help with cps alterations
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 03:04:18 AM »
First of all, thank you for your answers.
I will also ask in the Fusion Forum.

@Craig
Yes that would be a possible way, but not optimal for me

Greetings
Olli