Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:22:42 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 Spindle Issue - Stopped Working  (Read 2337 times)

Re: Mach 4 Spindle Issue - Stopped Working
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 12:23:31 AM »
https://www.hitachi.us/supportingdocs/forbus/inverters/Support/WJ200_Instruction_NT325X.pdf

here is the manual I found on line and its not the easiest to follow but it does say how to set where it will be controlled from also its going to matter how you have it wired to your bob. some people run it right off the panel like you said you do but then why use a g540. another note if you use an mb3 with a warp9 Ess you eliminate the g540 as it has it built in. but again the wiring makes a difference. you should also have a multi meter to check your voltages so your 0-10 is set correctly or your rpms wont be. I have fuling and delta inverters/vfd on my machines so of course they are not the same but the operation is similar   
Jamie Doeren
Renegade carving Co LLC
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 12:53:34 AM »
page 3-13 of the manual shows the code setting for terminal, keyboard mobus .

sorry I miss spoke about your g540 it sounds like that is working  if you change this signal to the "01" you should be good
Jamie Doeren
Renegade carving Co LLC
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2021, 08:30:46 AM »
I believe that is where the problem is at this point.
I have control of the VFD via Mach 4 once the Run button is pressed on the VFD.
I'm just not able to command it to Run/Stop from Mach 4.
I have a Hitachi WJ200 so I need to figure out which parameter on the VFD to change to enable remote Run/Stop Command.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 12:37:00 PM »
A002 to 01, right next to A001 which you must have already changed to get terminal control of speed/frequency. If it's set to 01 already then you have a Mach setup/wiring issue. But, really, is MUST be set to 02 to have control panel control of on/off!!

I think!!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 12:39:19 PM by thosj »
--
Tom
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2021, 01:50:51 PM »
A002 to 01, right next to A001 which you must have already changed to get terminal control of speed/frequency. If it's set to 01 already then you have a Mach setup/wiring issue. But, really, is MUST be set to 02 to have control panel control of on/off!!

I think!!
It is very close to working correctly. Most likely parameters and not wiring. Since once I press the run button on the VFD I'm able to start & stop it and change the speed all from the mach 4 screen. So it just isn't getting a signal to initiate the run command when I'm trying to start the VFD initially from Mach 4.

What about A005? This one I'm not totally sure of what it is supposed to be set at.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2021, 08:26:47 PM »
Is an external relay required to turn the spindle on & off? Still stumped on why no On & Off from Mach4 but can control Spindle speed from Mach4 once VFD Run button pressed.
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2021, 10:56:39 PM »
Hi,
Mach4 has signals which are active or not but does not control the VFD. Its the motion controller and particularly the BoB that actually interacts with the VFD.

A set of relay contacts is quite useful for controlling a VFD. The contacts are galvanaically isolated from the BoB and they are polarity insensitive.
Most BoBs have a transistor output and so the VFD 0V and BoB 0V must be commoned together. Also the collector, aka the BoB output, can go down to
VCESat, say 0.1 to 0.5V above ground. It maybe that the VFD input requires a 0V input or VERY close to it and a saturated collector-emitter
junction is just not quite low enough.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2021, 11:08:47 PM »
Is it possible to use the G540 Pin 7 VFD Ground to turn on the spindle.
It seems like I read somewhere that it is possible to use this method?
Does this seem correct?
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 03:34:19 AM »
Hi,
yes it is possible but you have to tie the 0V VFD to the 0V of the G540, ie the VFD CANNOT be galvanaically isolated from the BoB.
Most operators want, and spend considerable effort to ensure, that the VFD is isolated from the BoB.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2021, 08:51:26 AM »
Craig
Thanks for your expert assistance.
I will use a relay as I can certainly understand why one would want to totally isolate the spindle so there is no spurious unsafe start of the spindle.