Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:19:13 PM

Author Topic: Running two machines from one pc  (Read 713 times)

Running two machines from one pc
« on: September 20, 2021, 11:40:55 AM »
Hi, I wish to run a milling machine and a router from one pc and using only one smooth stepper. The motor tuning is different for each machine, so my question is. 1. If I have the milling machine set up in Mach3, under mill. Would it be possible to download a second copy of Mach3 on the same pc, run the same plug in and then set up the router. Thanks,

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Running two machines from one pc
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 12:09:10 PM »
Would it be possible to download a second copy of Mach3 on the same pc, run the same plug in and then set up the router.

There is no need to do that just create a new Profile. Then you could create 2 new desktop shortcuts (possibly one called Mill and one called Router). The Mach3 manual gives details on creating different Profiles.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 01:33:01 PM »
Thanks, will take a look

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 08:47:21 PM »
When I was running Mach3 I had two machines which were run from the same PC - a milling machine hooked up to the PC Parallel Port and a router hooked up through an Ethernet smooth stepper. There was no need for me to swap any cables, I just had to select the appropriate Mach3 Profile and switch on the corresponding machine.
Everything changes and nowadays the Parallel Port has gone, everything is connected Ethernet but because they have become so much smaller I now use multiple PC’s.

Tweakie.
PEACE