Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:02:20 AM

Author Topic: C69 ESS Spindle Control  (Read 529 times)

C69 ESS Spindle Control
« on: September 12, 2021, 04:28:02 PM »
I have a C69 from CNC4PC hooked to an ESS with Mach4.  During initial install everything went great and had expected control.
Upon Mach4 restart I cannot control the spindle from the spindle on buttons with a speed sp set.  MDI returns same result.  The enabled indicator in mach4 will light up but no outputs to c69 board.  A few tries later it will spin up the spindle for a few seconds and back off with indicator still lit up. 
If I access the ESS config or spindle config for mach4 everything works just fine afterward until next reboot.

Mach 4.2.0.4612
ESS v277

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Re: C69 ESS Spindle Control
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 03:28:39 PM »
To add some more info to this,
I reinstalled the entire operating system and mach4 today to see if anything changed and I have the same result.
If I reference the x,y,z axis I am unable to start the spindle.  If I do not reference them and try and start the spindle right when the program launches I am able to spin it up no problem, but then I am unable to reference any axis until a program restart. 

If I roll back to mach3, everything works fine.  Was just really looking forward to doing things in LUA instead of VB. 

Have tested with Windows7/32 and Win10/64 with identical results.
Re: C69 ESS Spindle Control
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 01:15:30 AM »
Hi,

Was just really looking forward to doing things in LUA instead of VB.

100% agree. That was the main reason I got started with Mach4....to avoid VB. Lua has a bit of a learning curve
and 'has a syntax only a mother could love' (Smurph quote) but it is hands down better than VB.

I'm unfamiliar with the C69 board so cannot help with that.....but you need to stick with it. I've been using Mach4 for six-seven years
and it's light years ahead of Mach3.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'