Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:44:42 PM

Author Topic: AXYZ Retro Fit - CNC stop/start at 90 degree increments  (Read 1592 times)

Re: AXYZ Retro Fit - CNC stop/start at 90 degree increments
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2021, 10:21:40 PM »
ill go back through all the set screws on all the drives.  After that I think ill try replacing all the bearings on the Z axis.  If you come up with any other ideas please let me know.  I really appreciate the help and if I find anything ill let you know.  Again thank you for the help.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2021, 10:27:48 AM »
I would run your program at 50% feed and then at 25% feed rate and see if you get a nice corner, if you do then it must be flex in the machine.  If it was overrun then the next move would be a straight line from the bottom of the gouge point.

Are you using solid carbide tools or carbide tipped tools, solid carbide are better less flex in the shank.  Also keep the tools as short as possible.

It may be worth checking your CAM software some have an option to slow down in the corners to stop this type of problem also filleting the sharp corners with a small radius can also stop this.

Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 01:25:08 AM »
I am in the middle of tearing down the machine as far as i am willing to go.  I don't want to get so far into it that I mess something else up.  So far I have found nothing loose or appearing to be worn out but dirty for sure. 

I have some 1/2" shank bits that I plan on doing some test runs with.  they are all carbide tooling as far as I know.  They range in size from 1/4" to 1/2".  I will modify the test program a little to accommodate the bigger tooling.