Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:03:29 AM

Author Topic: Plasma Table Question  (Read 2853 times)

Plasma Table Question
« on: October 17, 2007, 05:50:18 PM »
Below is a copy of a post I made to CandCNC. Tom sent me here.  If this is not the correct forum Please redirect me.
Can someone help me with this.

I am working on wiring my table I/O card. I am needing to control (2) gas solenoid valves from the relays on the card one of the solenoids is 110V .14A., (torch on or mix gases) The second is 110V. .12A. (pierce valve)

Of the 3 relays on the I/O card, K3, K4, & K5 which ones do you recommend I use for the above scenario?

Any of them would work fine. You may want to preserve K3 (30A relay) for a future heavy load. K4 and K5 are accessed via Flood and Mist commands. One slight problem is both Flood and Mist turn off with an M09. You can turn them on individually.
>
> Is there a way to keep (1) of the relays energised while the pierce relay cycles on & off?

All relays are independent. You turn them on using a MACH output.The
status of that output determines whether it is on or off. The spindle
relay (output1) turns on and off with two different M codes.

If you want to control a relay with other than the canned Spindle;
Mist and Flood you need to address it through a macro call. Check the
MACH 3 group to get macro assistance.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Table Question
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 04:09:50 PM »
Sorry dont know anything about the plasma process so I dont really know what you are trying to do.
Do you just want to turn this relay on and off from within G Code? Or would an onscreen button be enough? Are you needing to control this relay in conjunction with another relay or some other code?

Hood

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Table Question
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 06:05:23 PM »
What plasma power source are you using? Ussually the plasma on/off is control current, very low. Or are you setting up for Flame cutting?

Whacko
Nothing's impossible