Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:09:36 PM

Author Topic: About G Code of Mach4 Demo  (Read 1724 times)

Re: About G Code of Mach4 Demo
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 03:04:33 AM »
Hi,
more importantly do you have a spindle that has extremely good speed control?

Without a suitable spindle it doesn't matter whether m29 exists or is supported....without a spindle control rigid tapping is a no go.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 03:51:08 AM »
I used to try to cut an M4 screw on my milling machine, but the tap broke.
Therefore, I had no choice but to cut the screw with a helical tap.
However, it is difficult because G Code is created manually. It was all I could do with one screw.
So, I expected Mach4, but there was a problem with the milling machine itself. I'm a little disappointed.
In my case, Mach3 is enough.
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 04:24:53 AM »
Hi,
can you do rigid tapping with Mach3?

Irrespective of the software, whether it enacts m29 or not, unless the spindle is synchronised to the Z axis you break the tap,
that's why over the years things like tap-matics were invented for when you did not have a spindle that could not be synchronised with the
Z axis.

Industrial machines which do rigid tapping have spindles with 30Nm, 50Nm, 100Nm and more. Thus when the tap enters the work
the spindle stays AT 3 revs/sec (or whatever the programmed speed), it CANNOT afford to slow or the Z axis will no
longer be synchronised with it. Its the same sort of situation with single point lathe threading....the spindle must have sufficient
power/momentum that the spindle does not slow before the controller can react and adjust the Z axis advance to suit. Additionally
prior to the thread being cut, whether by tap or single point lathe tool  the controller must know the rotational speed of the spindle
to very high precision so that the Z axis advance can be calculated.

I ask again do you have a spindle that has that level of speed control and can your controller measure its speed within say three decimal
places?

Second issue is what happens at the bottom of the thread, the spindle has to stop and reverse. The Z axis must likewise reverse. If either
accelerates faster than the other you have a problem. With a surfeit of torque you can get away with it but with hobbyist servos/spindles
that is a tough requirement.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2021, 07:09:07 AM »
Hello, Mr. Craig.
The motion controller software I'm using is Mach3. I have already used it for about 5 years. I can't speak English, so I don't know much about Mach3. When asked if you would like to use Mach3 in the future, it would be Mach4. I think it's Mach4 Hobby because I use it as a hobby. Even if it is a hobby, there is no potential for development just by maintaining the status quo, so I would like to continue to consider Mach4. Thank you for your continued support.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2021, 02:09:49 PM »
You turned on rigid tapping with M29 and the motion controller doesn't support rigid tapping.  If the motion controller is the Simulator, then that is what is up.  Take M29 out to test. 

Also, you can use M29 with Mach4 Hobby.  However, the motion controller you choose has to support rigid tapping.  So do your research.  :)

Steve
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 02:13:22 PM by smurph »
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2021, 04:40:03 PM »
Hello Mr. Steve.

I'm using ESS. I don't speak English and I don't have the ability to study ESS. sorry.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2021, 05:35:05 PM »
Ok, ESS Mach4 plugin doesn't support rigid tapping.  That is why you get the feature not supported.  So regular G84 (no M29) with a floating tap head is what you will need.

Steve

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2021, 11:32:16 AM »
There is an option in the Mach4 Post Processor for Fusion 360 to "Use Rigid Tapping".  Set this to "No" and it won't output the m29, it will just output the G84 as Steve mentioned.
Chad Byrd
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2021, 06:02:12 AM »
Hello everyone.
CADCAM uses FUSION360, but when generating the Tap file, I found the method by G84.
This method works with Mach4 Hobby.
The photo is FUSION 360.

However, the drawback of Mach4 is Feed Hold.
Mach3 is easier.
By all means, I want you to improve Mac4! !! !! !! !! !!
Is my understanding wrong? ?? ?? ??
For Mach4
1, Stop
2. Put a line in Line.
3, rotate the spindle.
4, Cycle Start

・ For Mach3
1, Feed Hold
2, designation of arbitrary line
3, Cycle Start

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2021, 02:48:58 PM »
I'm not sure what you mean.  Line in line?  But generally, feed hold is not allowed in during a tap operation because feed hold does not also stop the spindle. 

Steve