Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 05:27:37 PM

Author Topic: Doing deadly unexplained rapid moves after Manual Tool Change  (Read 1809 times)

Re: Doing deadly unexplained rapid moves after Manual Tool Change
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2021, 05:13:51 PM »
Well the X is going to a negative position after the second tool.
Do you actually have room in the negative area before hitting the limit?

I just checked and from where the program 0 was, the Y has about -30mm before hitting the limit, and X has -200mm. So, the code is not going anywhere near that. I don't recall where it was trying to go, but it clearly banged the Y limit. On the other program I remember seeing the DRO was saying Z was about -75mm (after it snapped the tool), which definitely wasn't commanded anywhere in the program!

Offline Bill_O

•  563 563
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2021, 05:23:52 PM »
I think it has to do with the tool length offsets.
Not sure though.
I am at the end of what i can suggest.
Maybe one of the big brains will know.
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2021, 12:52:57 AM »
I ran another program tonight, one that I know worked before the switch to ESS. 1st tool ran fine, here is a screenshot of right after the MTC happend. At MTC, I jogged the head a little, brought the tool down to a .3mm shim and hit the the Set Z button as usual.

Then, as you can see in the screen shot, Mach has moved to a strange location that is not where the it is supposed to be going based on that line of code. I hit the STOP button right at Z above the part, but it looked like it was gonna try and plow down into the part... And of course the X and Y are nowhere near the spot where it's supposed to be putting that hole!

I did notice that when I hit set Z or zero Z during a MTC, Mach4 is populating (strange?) X, Y, and Z values in the Fixture Offsets Table under the G54 (work offset?) line. Is that normal?? Or is this maybe the problem??

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2021, 05:59:18 PM »
Have you talked with support and made a ticket?  If not, I would have them check it out.  They will want a packaged profile (Help -> Support -> Package Current Profile) and the G code file that you are running.  There has to be some explanation for this and they will find it.

Steve
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2021, 06:40:31 PM »
Have you talked with support and made a ticket?  If not, I would have them check it out.  They will want a packaged profile (Help -> Support -> Package Current Profile) and the G code file that you are running.  There has to be some explanation for this and they will find it.

Steve

Yeah, I have a active ticket now. They kinda went quiet for a couple of days but I'm hoping they can help!

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2021, 07:12:06 PM »
Be patient with them, as Industrial customers will get priority.  Until then, have you tried a newer build? 

Steve
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2021, 07:36:48 PM »
Be patient with them, as Industrial customers will get priority.  Until then, have you tried a newer build? 

Steve

Cool, yeah it's OK. I can wait. I am using the offical newest recommended supported build from Warp 9  (ESS maker) now, so I don't think I'd want to change?

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2021, 08:46:33 PM »
I dunno...  It is pretty easy just to try.  Make a backup of what you have, got the newest build, and install the new build over what you have.  Test it, and if you need to go back to the 4612 build, just restore what you backed up. 

You can find the dev builds here:  http://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach4/DevlopmentVersions/

Steve