Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:06:02 AM

Author Topic: Tangential Control  (Read 3476 times)

Tangential Control
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:25:33 AM »
Having read the Mach2/3 manuals, I've tried to test how Tangential control works. I actually need to cut a square surface with a blade on axis A, controlled by a stepper.

If i understood well, I'm supposed to set axis A as angular and tune this motor so that in a full rev. the DRO should show 360. Also, activate the tang. control, set the angle limit above which, axis Z is lifted and the actual height that Z will be lifted.

When try to run a simple square cutting routine with G1 moves (using only X, Y and Z values), axis Z is indeed lifted in every direction change, but axis A does not turn to face the new direction, it only turns a little (around 2-3 degrees, DRO also shows the same).

What am i missing here? Please, let me know if i have omitted anything (configuration settings: state, motor tuning, logic e.t.c.) and also show me an example routine that really works.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,672 2,672
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Tangential Control
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:44:24 AM »
Hi,

If you want to cut a slot from point X0 A0 to X50 A90 then the code would be.

G00 G90 X0 Y0 Z25. A0    (MOVE TO START POINT)
Z1.                                 (RAPID TO 1MM ABOVE WORK)
G01 Z-1. F50.                   (FEED 1MM INTO WORK)
X50. A90.                        (FEED 50MM IN X AND ROTATE 90 DEGREES AT THE SAME TIME)
G00 Z25.                         (RAPID AWAY FROM WORK)
M30                                (END PROGRAM)

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 05:17:23 AM »
It may be late, but it is better than nothing.... Thanks for your advice.  :D
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 12:45:07 PM »
Did you ever figure this out?

I have a tangential axis and it wants to move within 1 degree as it goes around a circle or square - shoud be 360 degrees.