Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:04:35 AM

Author Topic: Mach support sucks - alternatives to match 4  (Read 934 times)

Mach support sucks - alternatives to match 4
« on: July 20, 2021, 05:41:29 PM »
I have found that mach is pretty unstable in my case, I just turned my machine on and the z steps are all wrong. Was working fine about a month ago but now its all screwed up.  Mach support is next to useless, they just kept closing tickets on me and not resolving any issues at all.
Anyone else feeling the same?
Re: Mach support sucks - alternatives to match 4
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 05:57:46 PM »
Hi,
all development on Mach3 ceased six years ago......it is effectively unsupported. Mach4 however is supported and current.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 06:26:50 PM »
Hi,
all development on Mach3 ceased six years ago......it is effectively unsupported. Mach4 however is supported and current.

Craig
Hi Craig, could you please check where I stated it is Mach 3? I am talking about mach4 and the non existent support... I had a need of product support 4 months ago, must have logged 10 tickets and all got 'closed due to inactivity' from the so called 'support' team.. I have just turned my CNC on and the z axis travel Is all f ed up - and it it 100% a software issue. I haven't bothered logging a support request with Mach support\ artsoft this time because I know it will not be actioned.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 06:28:53 PM »
Hi,

Craig
Hi Craig, could you please check where I stated it is Mach 3? I am talking about mach4 and the non existent support... I had a need of product support 4 months ago, must have logged 10 tickets and all got 'closed due to inactivity' from the so called 'support' team.. I have just turned my CNC on and the z axis travel Is all f ed up - and it it 100% a software issue. I haven't bothered logging a support request with Mach support\ artsoft this time because I know it will not be actioned.
This is the 'general mach' page, before you tell me to post in the Mach 4 specific page..
I have had Macdonald's burger that received more staff support and I paid a lot less! Lol
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 01:59:31 PM »
I have to disagree . Most of the problems I have had were resolved and a lot are caused by the operator . I use a usb stick to transfer programs and I'm pretty sure any issues are with rouge software that gets on the flash card . My tool changer took a long time to figure out but they stuck with me and it now works. They probably have 10s of thousands of emails to deal with .I would suggest to be polite be patience and have respect for people dong you a service. Good luck sir.