Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:13:33 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Question  (Read 815 times)

Mach3 Question
« on: January 16, 2022, 05:46:29 PM »
Possibly a Mach4 question as well but I am all of a sudden experiencing so odd behavior with my machine that I am trying to understand but I am wondering, if you create zero work offset (G54) then hit save all settings and you have a glitch of some kind why wouldn't Mach remember that G54 offset and revert back to an offset that was set a long time ago?
Do you actually have to go into the offsets table to set the G54? Why wouldn't it store the last offset from main screen and lets say you power off your machine, next day shouldn't it remember the lase set G54 offset and use that? Sorry I hope this isn't to confusing.
Todd

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 Question
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 08:45:38 PM »
When you have set / reset a fixture offset you can force a save by going to dropdown Config\Fixture... and clicking save.

When you exit Mach3 normally you will be prompted to save Fixtures and / or Tool offsets if they have changed.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2022, 09:45:07 PM »
THanks Graham and I completely understand. The issue I have is that I do save the new offset but it doesn't seem to save it in its memory. I wasn't sure if this was a Mach issue?
Todd

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 10:24:44 AM »
You could turn on persistant DRO's in config
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2022, 05:29:13 PM »
Great suggestion I will look tomorrow. Can you tell me what that actually does?
Todd