Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 12:01:50 PM

Author Topic: Rapid Speeds vs Cutting speed  (Read 3774 times)

Rapid Speeds vs Cutting speed
« on: November 12, 2005, 02:04:55 PM »
If I set a high velocity in the motor tuning section I can get my axes to move at a pretty scary rate for my little Sherline mill. It obviously can't cut at that sort of feed rate though.

Can anyone tell me where I set the cutting feed rate ?

My main concern is that I don't accidently try to cut at the same feed rate as that set in the motor tuning section.

As was mentioned by someone else here, I'm sure happy to see a support site other than Yahoo. Yahoo's Mach2 site seems pretty popular, I just don't trust Yahoo.

Thanks everyone.
David Morrow
Re: Rapid Speeds vs Cutting speed
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 04:54:04 PM »
Your max speed is your max cutting rate... This a good thing because there are times when you would like to cut at 100IMP. I did a mold the other day at 163IPM on the mill at work. the next one that I do I was thinking about going to 200IPM... Hope that helps with why you would ever need to go that fast.

Thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
Re: Rapid Speeds vs Cutting speed
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 10:59:37 AM »
I think youre asking where it is set, In the feed rate DRO you can type any value of feed rate into that box and that is the feed that will be used to cut with. Also you Gcode F command will set feed rate such as F3 will cut 3 units per minute. when jogging around, there is +/- buttons to set slow jog feed percentage.