Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:02:48 AM

Author Topic: Just build a Worbee (like) cnc and having beginners issues  (Read 917 times)

Just build a Worbee (like) cnc and having beginners issues
« on: June 12, 2021, 03:01:28 PM »
Hi All,

I have just built a Chinese bought cnc kit. It came with NVUM 4 Axis CNC Controller (MACH3 USB) and 4TB6600 Stepper Drivers to power the motors.
I followed the manual carefully and the build went well. But right away I noticed a little knocking sound coming from all four motors, this sound get louder
when you jog the machine around.... and turns to a full-scale shaking when I enter the roadrunner Gcode... (the spindle isn't running during these tests).
The seller hasn't been able to help me so far... and I can't solve it... pls help!

I will attach some video to show whats going on.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Just build a Worbee (like) cnc and having beginners issues
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 03:49:02 PM »
Hi MilanSipek,

You need to contact the suppliers of your controller for their assistance in setting everything up correctly.

It is unfortunate but due to Mach3 License violation this forum does not support Novusun products.

This thread refers; https://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=24331.0

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 12:33:26 PM »
Hi Tweakie,

Thank you for your reply! I had no idea there was a licensing issues with this product!
Am I right in understanding that the problem I'm experiencing is likely due to that controller?
Would it be possible to swap out the controller for a legal one? Which would you suggest I buy?

Thank you kindly,

Milan Sipek

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 01:07:37 AM »
Hi Milan,

I think the problem you are experiencing is a settings issue rather than controller specific.
Although there are many different motion controllers to choose from the Ethernet Smooth Stepper (ESS) from Warp9TD supports both Mach3 and Mach4 and is backed by first class customer service. Perhaps browse their website for more details ; https://warp9td.com/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2021, 03:45:31 AM »
Hi Tweakie,

Thank you kindly for your response and patience! I'm a little nervous about modding a kit
that I have little understanding of, but I'm also excited to learn and figure it out! fingers crossed!

Thanx again!

Milan

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 03:57:17 AM »
Hi Milan,

Perhaps check out the CNCZone forum - they have a Mach3 section.  https://www.cnczone.com/forums/forum.php

Tweakie.
PEACE