Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 09:15:00 PM

Author Topic: VFD wiring with MB3 and ESS  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Darko

•  13 13
    • View Profile
VFD wiring with MB3 and ESS
« on: June 07, 2021, 07:53:43 PM »
Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if I can get some help from somebody who might have a similar setup.

For the past year I have been slowly putting together my CNC and with the help from all the forums including this one, I was able to actually put this thing together. So far everything is working amazingly well. I can load up a program and cut a piece of wood (that's all I have tried so far just cutting hardwood and lumber no aluminum)

The way I have this thing working is, I will turn on the spindle manually on the VFD and then go to my computer and start the program. All of that is working with no issues.

What I would like to try to do is wire the VFD to my MB3 board and use Mach 4 to control spindle coming ON at the beginning of the program and turning OFF on the end of the program. I have tried to find some information online but the few things that I have found I did not quite understand, or the person had a different controller board then I have.

I am wondering if there's anybody here that has a similar setup to mine and can share how exactly they wired their MB3 to a VFD and what settings did they use in Mach4 to have this thing working correctly. I see on my MB3 manual where I must wire the VFD but I am not sure what terminal on my VFD I have to use, and other than enabling Mach4 settings what else must be done to have this thing working properly. If there's anybody that can give me a help with wiring this thing correctly it would be greatly appreciated.

Darko

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: VFD wiring with MB3 and ESS
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 03:21:09 AM »
Ok, you are in luck because the very guy that designs and builds the MB3 also figured out how to make the MB3 (and other breakouts as well that have had issues with that VFD) work with that Haunyang VFD.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgZ8UbcowLQ

Steve