Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 10:31:59 PM

Author Topic: Mach 4 - Probe functions not working - Probe settings not sticking  (Read 729 times)

I am trying to use any of the probe capabilities in Mach4 for the first time. When I try to configure the probe tools in the Probe Settings tab, the status bar says that the change took effect but the UI still has all zeros in all of the setting fields.

So, I tried setting all of the fields even though the UI was not updating. When I tried to use any probe tool function in the UI, the machine is disabled and the status bar says invalid G-code.

I tried running with a default Mach4 Mill profile, the AvidCNC profile and my own custom profile to no avail.

For what it's worth, this is a newly formatted laptop with a fresh copy of all of the latest Win10 and Mach4 software and plug-ins(ESS, XHC, XBOX360). I am using Mach Build 4715.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

Paul
Re: Mach 4 - Probe functions not working - Probe settings not sticking
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 11:14:19 PM »
I debugged this a bit and found out that the problem is in the development builds. I went as far back as an April 10 build. The reason I’m using the development build is because I want the XHC pendant code and plug-in. So I found a workaround using the released 4612 build and I copied the plugin and the sig file from the latest build and put it into the plug-ins folder of the 4612 build.  Now probing works as well as support for the XHC plug-in!

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 4 - Probe functions not working - Probe settings not sticking
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 01:57:01 AM »
not the same problem but yes most of the dev versions after 4612 have problems in my case DRO on the offset page are K fro not working  (even with a clean install )

caveat emptor

even 4612 has a few niggles